Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 different positions >

different positions

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

different positions

Old 01-12-2005, 04:47 PM

Default different positions

When mounting my scope i fitted it so that the distance between my cheak and the scope was correct while in the standing position, but today while out shooting i was shooting from a laying down position (prone position i believe its called) and when in a comfortable position my face was way to close to the scope and i couldn't even see through it. Does anyone else have this problem? and if so how do you set your scope up so its good while standing up but then its also good if while hunting you need to take a shot laying down?
Old 01-12-2005, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: different positions

I set the scope up for the type of shot I expect to take .
If you shoot prone then move the scope accordingly.
If you shoot that gun from prone or bench you will have to mount it so you can do both. It will not be perfict for either ,but it will work.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: different positions

Find a local 4-H riflery instructor and have them help you out with your shooting positions...in the right positions, you'll not have as much problem, if you have a problem at all...The positions are a little different than what you'd really expect, and take a little getting used to, but they lend themselves to accuracy beyond that that your average joe throws out...works for olympic shooters, might as well give it a shot in the field right?