Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Pic of damage (slightly graphic.) >

Pic of damage (slightly graphic.)

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Pic of damage (slightly graphic.)

Old 12-23-2004, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pic of damage (slightly graphic.)

This is pic of a small buck taken earlier this year with a .243. I just wanted to show the nay-sayers the type of damge I always encounter using the .243. this round is devestating on deer. I have used other bigger calibers ( .270, 30-30, 30-06) and have not seen as much damage from them. I would say the 7 mag is about equall in terms of damage I have witnessed. This is first hand expierence.
This is a pic of the front shoulder, the entry was through the ribs on the opposite side and the exit is through the shoulder bone. the extent of bruising and coagulation is from the deers neck all the way back up halfway on the ribs. when i quartered it I had to literally scrape away the damaged tissue. I just cant believe some people here claim it to be to small or minimal for deer, or things like no penetration. I choose the gun I shoot because it works better, not for any other reason but that it kills faster than most guns. Never wounded one or lost one or had one run farther than 50 yds.

Old 12-23-2004, 07:05 PM

Default RE: Pic of damage (slightly graphic.)

Man.......that's a lot of wasted meat.

Looks like it's enough punch to me.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:07 PM

Good photo. I've killed a lot of deer with a crossbow, a few with a 12 ga. slug gun, and a couple with a .357. I always examine them closely once the hide is off, as you apparently do also, as it tells a lot. My only other comment is the apparent downside to your wound ballistics, which is a little more lost meat.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:46 PM

Range of shot? Specs on rifle and bullet used?
Thanks
Old 12-24-2004, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: speedgator

Range of shot? Specs on rifle and bullet used?
Thanks

.243 Rem. VLS, 100 gr siera gameking in federal premium ammo.
125 yds broadside shot. 135 lb deer.
Old 12-24-2004, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here one from last year, this buck was rattled in and shot straight on looking at me at a distance of 80 yds. This is the exit wound, a 3" hole. The deer dropped in his tracks of course. I was using 100 gr. Hornady's.

Old 12-29-2004, 08:52 PM

bahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahaha guys like u make me laugh ur not rocky now stop using it as a punching bag and take it to a real butcher instead of cutting chunks of meat of its neck
Old 12-30-2004, 07:02 AM
bigcountry

Man.......that's a lot of wasted meat
atlas, come done to MD never year and I will save you my rib meat and all the shoulder besides the top piece of flesh I use for hamburger. I toss it. If that meat means that much to you. I could probably give you 6 sets.

Old 12-31-2004, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BROWNING.308

bahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahaha guys like u make me laugh ur not rocky now stop using it as a punching bag and take it to a real butcher instead of cutting chunks of meat of its neck
I hear you talking but you aint saying anything. LOL At least I dont have to shoot them twice like you do. Buwahahahaha !
Old 12-31-2004, 10:52 AM

zrex when ur young u dont realixe u just seee the horns hopping away i shouldnt of shot the second time ruined half of the deer.

Quick Reply: Pic of damage (slightly graphic.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.