Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Bushmaster-vs-Armalite-vs-Colt >

Bushmaster-vs-Armalite-vs-Colt

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Bushmaster-vs-Armalite-vs-Colt

Old 11-07-2004, 03:36 PM

Default Bushmaster-vs-Armalite-vs-Colt

Just wondering about opinions about these different brand-names......I'm probably going to purchase one this coming-up weekend..223 caliber ar-15 style, and was wondering what you guys felt about brands. I'm leaning towards Bushmaster, because of the price, but also because I'v never heard anything bad about their quality, and the 5 year warranty doesn't hurt. Any input at all would be much appreciated.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:46 PM

Default RE: Bushmaster-vs-Armalite-vs-Colt

IMHO Colt's are way over priced. Armalites are junk. Not to mention their customer service leaves something to desire. I have owned Armalite, and Bushmaster. I had zero problems with the bushmaster. Geat gun.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:55 PM

Go with the Bushmaster. Colt is way over priced.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

I am buying my first AR and it came down to Busmaster and Rock River Arms... I am going to buy the RRA varmint rifle. It has a guaranteed accuracy and is actually cheaper than the bushmaster even though it is a custom gun. I would say they are very comparable in my comparison. go to RRA website and check them out.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hi,

I've owned an armalite and I currently own a bushmaster. I used to plink with the armalite and it would jam up around every 1000 rounds or so. The failures were in miss feed and fail to eject.

I have never had one problem with my bushmaster. However in all fairness I don't have as many rounds through it.

Tom
Old 11-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

Go with the Bushmaster. I have the super v-match. Basically it is the v match with a fluted 20" bbl and a competion trigger and grip. I have attached a harris bipod to it and it is a shooter. I can shoot way under MOA with factory ammo. With hand loads I can hit a golf ball everytime at 160 yards. I would try longer but that is the max distance I can get in the pit. The gun always cycles never any jamming and I only clean it about once every 500 rounds. I am planning on taking it to an egg shoot next spring. As far as colt, I have handled one and it felt really cheap I didn't like it. Get the Bushmaster you will not be disapointed!
Old 11-08-2004, 01:15 PM

Thanks for the info so-far....I was already leaning towards the bushmaster, and am now leaning further towards it...I've fired the colt before(it was a 16" preban) I must say it wasn't a bad weapon...The first one my buddy had did misfire, it jammed a couple of times, and actually slamfired a couple of times....kindof dissapointing...then he sent it to a local(at the time) guy that one of his friends knew(this person did allot of work for the U.S. Navy at the time)...he tinkered with it a little bit, and no jams whatsoever since...I'm thinking it had something to do with the gas tube, but it has been so long, I can't really remember. I have heard nothing bad about the Bushmaster rifles...I really appreciate the input though, it really helps me to make a more informed decision, because I've never fired a bushmaster, just looked at them at the store. Keep the info coming!!!
Old 11-08-2004, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own the Bushmaster with the Realtree camo stock set, and I love it, I have mine tricked out with a red dot laser, Harris bipod, and a matching Nikon Realtree scope. I have never owned an Armalite or Colt, but I can tell you I have fired over 2 cases through mine without a glitch, I dont want to say "Get this one over another" but I can tell you, no problems here with the bushmaster!!!
Old 11-10-2004, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

No one else is backing Rock River Arms??? I am really surprised! Oh well, I will keep the secret to myself... LOL!
Old 11-10-2004, 06:56 PM

I saw a RRA in a pawn shop the other day..I picked it up and checked it out, it had allot of scratches on it, a bipod set-up, and a halo sighting system on it...he was asking more than I wanted to spend, but it looked like an excellent weapon. The reason I asked about the three brandnames above is because they are readily available where I live, and they seem to be the most well known names around here. Thank-you very much for your response though. What made you decide on the varmint rifle, do you just hate woodchucks or something? I checked it out on their website, and it looks like a real accurate gun, do you compete in shooting competitions? I simply wanted one because the weapons ban sunsetted, and I wanted to get one before someone tried to take them away again, plus I've always loved their ease of use and accuracy. Keep the excellent responses coming everyone!!![8D]

Quick Reply: Bushmaster-vs-Armalite-vs-Colt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.