HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   how is that possible? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/82604-how-possible.html)

redsox3624 12-14-2004 01:52 PM

how is that possible?

some people haev said that they have killed 80 deer. how is that possible. i thought only 1 deer can be taked per year with a firearms. Mabey it's just my state.(Maine)

thanks

frizzellr 12-14-2004 02:17 PM

RE: how is that possible?

I remember one year in Texas we could kill six deer. I can kill six where I hunt here in Louisiana now. If I have the money and time I can hunt multiple states and they all have different limits. It isn't impossible to kill 80 deer over a hunting career. Not likely to do it in one year though.

oldelkhunter 12-14-2004 02:20 PM

Try Alabama on for size.. last I checked it was one per day and 2 per day during January but I may be mistaken. Their Season starts in November by the way.

Rockfish1 12-14-2004 02:21 PM

if you have the time, in Alabama you can kill that many in a year... they allow a deer a day for I'm thinking 100+ days a year...

Wolf killer 12-14-2004 02:27 PM

If my memory serves me correct? Last year one person hunting everyday of every season in alabama? (I read about this in outdoor life & can't remember if alabama was the correct state or not?) could have legally killed over 100-deer.
This year in my home state of Montana, I could legally kill 6 deer.

HUNTER74 12-14-2004 02:29 PM

Although many of us will never kill 80 deer, there are many people who can. Farmers can often get nuisance permits if the deer destroy crops, trees, etc. and kill as many as necessary. Others can get “deer management” type permits to cull herds. In NY, anybody can get a permit for a buck and can apply for a doe permit too. So, there are many ways someone can honestly kill 80 deer over the years.

dead_eye 12-14-2004 02:30 PM

Hey im from wisconsin and we have this CWD and you can get 4 free doe tags a day and when you bring in a doe they give you a buck tag. Thats 8 a day. All you need is 10 days and some d*mn good land.

FL/GA Hunter 12-14-2004 02:38 PM

Yeah, in GA they let you take 2 bucks and 10 does... if you take full advantage of it, that's a lot of deer over a few seasons.

57hornet 12-14-2004 02:38 PM

A Texas licence has five white-tailed and two mule deer tags.
Over a few years it could be done.

bigcountry 12-14-2004 02:55 PM

Definately, just your state. You used to be able to kill 32 deer in MD with all three licences of bow, gun, and ML. I killed 3 during gun myself, two with a bow, and one during early ML. and can kill unlimited doe I believe in some places. I know I have to kill 2 more doe before I can kill another buck. And I don't need the doe right now.

These are generally places where urban spawn has gone wild and upseted the balance of deer/open land. Places like I grew up in Eastern Ky, Southern WV, are balanced pretty well. And nature takes care of itself. Like Maine. And there are alot of limits there like Maine. I keep telling these boys in MD, they don't know what hard hunting is and they got it made. Up here there is a 90% success rate. Thats unheard of in alot of the country. But the poplulation will settle out sooner or later.

I alone have taken 6 deer one day on crop damage permits. Thats not counting towards my licence either.