Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 How much is this Colt AR worth? >

How much is this Colt AR worth?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How much is this Colt AR worth?

Old 12-15-2004, 05:31 AM

Default RE: How much is this Colt AR worth?

HDW I am like you, can't stand to see a rifle that I can't let myself shoot. I do have several collectors pieces including an origional Colt HBAR NIB. I pay to have them stored, What I can't see I won't want to shoot, and it is a PIA to drive all the way to the storage facility (a ways away from where I live). My home owners will not cover the collector value of guns, it is cheaper for me to store them in a professional facility that is insured for collector's value than it is to purchase seperate insurance. Hey, I spent almost a paycheck a month buying guns while in the USMC, I have many. At this point the Colt's are not that rare in perfect condition, but one day they will be and someone has to preserve a few of them right? Better idea, buy the Colt and lock it away, then buy a Bushmaster and fire away!
Old 12-16-2004, 05:57 PM

If it actualy a preban rifle you should buy it if you can get a descent price for it. Than turn around and sell it to someone who lives in an AWB state that has not expired, for a lot more money. Then you can go buy a bushy and possibly make some money on it. Try looking on gunbroker.com. And see what some of those idiots pay for a preban gun, its obsurd. Good luck
Old 12-16-2004, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, I wouldn't give them a cent more for the "pre-ban" label, in case you haven't heard, there ain't no ban any more, so these rifles aren't anything special, there's more just like it being made every day now.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:08 PM

In case you have not heard, there are still states that have their own AWB (statelaw, not federal) NY, NJ, MD, CA are a few. Research before discussing. Thanks[>:]
Old 12-17-2004, 06:54 AM

I live part time in Maryland, no AWB here. We have to fill out an extra form when purchasing an "assult weapon"and there is a waiting period but no ban and no difference from a pre-ban or post-ban weapon according to state law. Can't speak for the other states listed. Jbra - Right back at you buddy, don't post false info. it confuses people.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:58 AM

Try looking on gunbroker.com. And see what some of those idiots pay for a preban gun, its obsurd.
Jbra nice quote, we all appreciate your lack of ethics. Buy the way, try to sell a handgun to someone in MD for a higher price, I would love to visit you in jail.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:37 AM

Hey Jbra, thanks for encouraging people to gouge us New Yorkers on pre-9/94 AR's...
Old 12-17-2004, 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: USMC PMI

Try looking on gunbroker.com. And see what some of those idiots pay for a preban gun, its obsurd.
Jbra nice quote, we all appreciate your lack of ethics. Buy the way, try to sell a handgun to someone in MD for a higher price, I would love to visit you in jail.
Since I am talking about handguns?
And sorry my ethics are bad when it comes to someone who would pay that price, when I am trying to pay my bills.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:51 AM

You were talking about AR's or "Assult Weapons" , I just want you to go to jail for being an A$$ H@le. I'm sure everyone from those states appreciates being called in idiot. I am really sure they love living in a state that still forces them to find "pre ban" arms at an inflated price. Thanks for lowering a good post to your standards. If we are all lucky natural selection will prevail and you will starve.

Do not respond to Jbra , he is looking for a verbal fight , lets not give the weasel what he wants.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:16 AM

ORIGINAL: USMC PMI

You were talking about AR's or "Assult Weapons" , I just want you to go to jail for being an A$$ H@le. I'm sure everyone from those states appreciates being called in idiot. I am really sure they love living in a state that still forces them to find "pre ban" arms at an inflated price. Thanks for lowering a good post to your standards. If we are all lucky natural selection will prevail and you will starve.

Do not respond to Jbra , he is looking for a verbal fight , lets not give the weasel what he wants.
How come I am the ass hole when you are the one calling me out, saying that I have no ethics. I simply said that there are people on gunbroakers who will and do pay upwards of 2K for a preban AW or Assult Weapon. I think you are the one looking for a fight, So why dont you do yourself a favor and piss off.

Oh yeah, and Im the weasel because I do things differently from USMC PMI. Get a life dude, people have different opinions and views.

Quick Reply: How much is this Colt AR worth?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.