Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 SAKO rifles BLOW UP!!! >

SAKO rifles BLOW UP!!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

SAKO rifles BLOW UP!!!

Old 12-08-2004, 02:28 PM

Default RE: SAKO rifles BLOW UP!!!

ORIGINAL: Briman

I won't buy a Glock for the same reason also.
More for me.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:51 PM
bigcountry

Yea, I hate my new sako I just got in 7mm STW. Look at these pitiful groups from the first box of ammo while breaking in cleaning every three shots. This group is with a clean barrel with no fouling shots at 100 yards. Horrible

Old 12-08-2004, 03:53 PM
bigcountry

And heres another pitiful group. They are doing something wrong at Sako. Just shot it first time today right out of the box.

Old 12-08-2004, 05:14 PM

Ya your right those are NOT very good groups at all....maybe try some handloads??

All kidding aside...I agree that Sako's are great rifles just that they are having some problems right now. I have also heard that on one of these MANY blow-ups a YOUNG shooter lost his thumb!!!!!
Old 12-08-2004, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

My grandpa was a gunsmith and he had quite an array of burst barrels and busted up firearms in the front window of his shop. Most were fromoperator erro..and some from unfortunate accidents..like barrels plugged with mud without the shooter's knowledge..but that is a form of operator error. You can blow up anything if you try hard enough. Some of the burst weapons were simple equipement failure..but very few.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:04 PM
bigcountry

From what I can find out they did have some serious issues with some of the finnlights. I don't doubt it. I am not too worried about it with my 75. Guys you are shooting guns. And trying to control an actual explosion. Things can go wrong. Boy, I remember my first split shotgun barrel. That was scary. If I wanted a very safe sport, I might go with atari. But these are the choices we make. Every manufacture has had explosions, accidental firings with the safety on, and bolts fly apart. Problem is now info is spead very quick and to a large audience with the internet. Its good and bad. It really forces the maker to do right, but also gets people in a panic and get ulcers for no reason.

I ride a 99 harley roadking. They have this flaw with the cam bearing that year. The failures spread like wildfire on the internet. A friend who works for HD said, its amazing, the call centers are overwelmed with calls for a problem that is very mild compared to some serious issues in 80's and 90s where people didn't blink a eye. People got scared, didn't take the ride cross country anymore for fear of breaking down, put out lawsuits demanding HD fix it, thousands calling the Department of Auto safety (whatever its called) demanding a recall on 99-2000 twincams. Well, they extended the warranty for 4 years, is the outcome. Good and bad. But it sure didn't keep me from taking my solo 600 mile trips.

Old 12-08-2004, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is no doubt that is a picture of a blown up Sako Finnlite. I also own a Finnlite and it performs flawlessly and is a true 1/2" rifle. After seing that post I contacted the gunshop who sold me the rifle and he informed me there was no recall on my finnlite. You can blow up any rifle by improper handling or unsafe handoads. My favourite gunshop has a rifle that looks exactly as totalled as that Sako does, its a .3006 model 70. Wouldn't scare me away from a winchester though! Looking at that picture it looks like an obstructed barrel to me but until I see a educated response from Sako I won't worry about mine.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:57 PM

It's worrying me, no lie. I planned on getting a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless, but now I'm not so sure. Perhaps the delays are demand, perhaps it's this issue they're dealing with. Am I to risk it?
Old 12-08-2004, 11:27 PM

I don't think I could fire/own one of those without a certain amount of "pucker factor" every time I pulled the trigger, talk about a flinch problem!!!
probly get something diffrent just to be safe.. besides the accuracy and 75 degree bolt throw I don't think they have alot, I mean-make a new receiver for new rounds, not just a stopper, Can you load the magazine from the top? that alone would cross it off my list. blow-ups not withstanding (no offence if you are finnish)

for speed gator:[link]http://www.chuckhawks.com/rugged_vs_refined.htm[/link]

my baby: [link]http://www.winchesterguns.com/prodinfo/catalog/detail.asp?cat_id=535&type_id=940&cat=001C[/link]
Old 12-09-2004, 12:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

luckypunk,

You're talking about the Tikka T3, not the Sako 75.

You are correct about the Tikka T3. There is one action length, with a different bolt stop and magazine for different calibers, and I couldn't say for sure it you can load the magazine through the ejection port, but could probably load one round at a time. The magazine is easily detachable for loading anyway, so that's not a big issue to me.

Now if you were mistakenly thinking of the Sako 75, then you'd be flat out wrong. The Sako 75 comes in FIVE different action lengths; I is for .222 and .223, III is for standard short action cartridges, SM if for the Winchester Short Magnums, IV if for standard long action cartridges, and V is for magnums up to .375H&H length.

The Sako 75 uses a three lug bolt that has a 70 degree lift, and the bolt and lugs ride on fitted rails that make the action slicker than a cheerleader on prom night! [8D]

And like most other open top bolt actions, it can be loaded from the top or by removing the magazine.

Mike

Quick Reply: SAKO rifles BLOW UP!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.