HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   NEF Handi Rifle (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/81122-nef-handi-rifle.html)

Lenny 308 12-01-2004 06:58 PM

NEF Handi Rifle

I have a chance to get a used .243 Handi Rifle with a 22 inch bull barrel for a very good price. The gun has only had 20 shots fired through it. I was wondering if anybody had a gun like this and how they liked it. I would use the gun mostly for coyotes and varmints at long range. Any feedback I get would be greatly appreciated.

BeltedMag 12-01-2004 08:09 PM

RE: NEF Handi Rifle

handi rifles are one of the best guns for the money. Light, accurate, cheap, and they come up great. I had one in 30-06 and wish i had never sold it, i will have another. You definetly cant go wrong with it. Another great feature is that you can always add a new barrel when you want a caliber change. I know alot of people who own them and have never heard any complaints. I plan on getting one for my fiance for her first gun. You should definetly try it out, and if you like it and im pretty sure you will then you could always buy a larger rifle barrel and use it for deer too.

NVMIKE 12-01-2004 08:26 PM

great gun for the money. the rifle alone being used should run less than $200 add some for scope depending on what scope it has.

cgturner7 12-02-2004 06:56 AM

Buy it. You won't be sorry. It may earn it's way into being your primary hunting rifle.

etothepii 12-02-2004 07:06 AM

Buy it!:D

pharaoh2 12-02-2004 08:38 AM

My buddies got one. It shoots very well. It is a little finicky on extraction, sometimes. Other than that, I like them.

st1 12-10-2004 02:40 PM

this post is probably to late to help any but i bought a handi rifle this year in the .204 ruger w/bull barrell and i love it. at two hundred yds. the rifle is capable of .3" 3 shot groups.

James B 12-10-2004 11:21 PM

I have a bunch of them and love them. Got a new stainless 223 on the way.

JONES 1969 12-25-2004 07:58 PM

Go 4 it great gun.

patch51 01-03-2005 08:45 AM

I guess I bought the only bad NEF rifle they made.I bought two NEF rifles new in the box at the same time a 243 win and 223 rem.The 223 was a good shooter never a problem BUT the 243 action would open nearly every time I shot it using any factory ammo.I sent it back to factory they returned it "nothing wrong with this rifle".I took it to range same thing happened.A guy shooting next to me offered me a case of Budweiser and some ammo for it.I took my scope off and handed it to him and never looked back.I talked to that guy later said he had the same problem and just swapped it off.I had a 22 hornet years ago and it was a real good gun as was the 223 rem but this one was a real loser. I just got a bad one I guess.