Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 thompson center arms encore? >

thompson center arms encore?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

thompson center arms encore?

Old 11-28-2004, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default thompson center arms encore?

Well i was doing a little search on the net , and i came accrosed the gun i really like it , where u can have a rifle , rimfire,shotgun, muzzle loader barel with it , now my question is how is this gun , how much is it , and such im thinkin of geting the 17hmr , 25-06, 20 , an a muzzle loader so how much is it and how does it perform
Old 11-28-2004, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: thompson center arms encore?

everyone I know that has them, loves them, my only thing is a new/different barrel for them is almost $200, so I figure I can by a savage for $300 and have more guns!!. I do like the look of them, and I dont know if you have seen the new Monsterbucks 12 videos but they solely use Encores, Bill Jordan shoots one in .280 rem I think, its all camo even the barrel (except the receiver) If I did get one it would be like that.....sharp looking!!!
Old 11-28-2004, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

I have two Encore frames with two pistol barrels, two rifle barrels, a black powder barrel and the 12ga turkey barrel and don't ever see myself going back to anything else. The Encore shoulder stock does look kind of different with its almost verticle pistol grip, but it shoulders well and fits me likea glove. As for what the Encore costs, usually a blue frame with one barrel will run you around $500 with the Stainless running about 50 buck higher. Extra barrels will vary in cost. The cheapest of them are the basic 24 inch rifle barrel, with them running around $225 for blue and around $250 in stainless. Shotgun and BP barrels run a little more. BTW, you mentioned you wanted a 17HMR for it, but that round is a rimfire cartridge and the Encore is centerfire only. But, there is a adapter kit you can get for the Encore to shoot rimfire cartridges if you wish. As I guess you can figure, I love how the Encore shoots, feels and the versatility of all the barrels you can get for it. T/C makes around 80 different calibers/gauges for the Encore and if you want to go with a custom shop, the amount of calibers are almost unlimited. Another T/C you may want to take a look at is the new G2 Contender. All of the barrels you mentioned can be used on the G2 frame(its capable of switching from centerfire to rimfire). This is the guy to see if you want a T/C barrel. I've done quite a bit of business with him and have been very satisfied with his services and its hard to beat his prices. www.edstc.com Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Carter
Old 11-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

I have a stainless encore receiver with a 24" 22-250, 24" 30/06, 18" 45/70, and 26" 209x50 barrels for it. The 45/70 barrel and the 209x50 barrel mostly lives with my dad, he "borrowed" them and I haven't seen them since. All of my barrels shoot very well. Like any gun they sometimes take a little tinkering with to get the best accuracy out of them. My 22-250 barrel will shoot 3 shots under 3/4" at 100 yards regularly, and the 30/06 will shoot MOA or under with a half a dozen different factory and reloads. The best thing about the encores are they are short, fairly light, handy rifles. Its nice to have my encore behind the seat of my truck with the 22-250 and 30/06 barrels in a hard case. I'm ready for anything I can run across. Its also really nice for traveling. Whenever I head down to one of the aluetian islands or Kodiak I can take the short hard case inside my travel duffle bag. If I could have only one rifle it would be an encore.

Old 11-28-2004, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Josh,
Man thats a pretty gun, If I get one I thought I wanted the camo one, but after seeing yours I like it!!!! Do you have to change your foregrip to go from the 22-250 to the 45-70?
Old 11-28-2004, 11:00 PM
Typical Buck

Josh, the laminated stock looks great. I've been considering one, but before dropping the cash, I wanted to hear from someone has one. Did that forend change the accuracy any? Just wanted your take on them. Thanks. I added a pic of my Encore with the turkey barrel, 308 and BP barrel." />

Carter
Old 11-29-2004, 05:16 PM

Have one in 22-250 in the back of my truck for yote's. She's a tack driver alright!
Old 11-30-2004, 06:09 AM

Just bought mine this year. Encore rifle, blued with walnut furniture and a .308win barrel. Have killed two deer so far and I love it!!! You can pick them up for about $500.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love the T/C Encore! Picked mine up when they first came on the market and things just "snow-balled" since then. Started off with a 15" 7mm-08 barrel and now I own "Too Many" if you ask my wife...
Old 12-02-2004, 11:14 PM
Typical Buck

Does anyone know anything about Cabela's offering a .220 Swift barrel for the Encore for $269? I was talking to a guy the a few days ago and he said that he'd just gotten a new Cabela's shooting/reloading catalog and they're "exclusively" selling the Swift barrels. If so, do you know who's making it for them? That price was for a 26 inch stainless barrel and thats a barrel I've been wanting, but would like to hear a little more about it. Thanks for any replies.

Carter

Quick Reply: thompson center arms encore?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.