Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 My Last Remington >

My Last Remington

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

My Last Remington

Old 12-16-2004, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My Last Remington

I'm not sure about Winchesters, but I adjusted the trigger on my new ADL to be virtually creep and overtravel free and breaks by my best estimate between two and three pounds. I could still benefit from having the sear stoned and polished, but for simply being adjusted from stock it's not too bad. Of course with the factory setting it took a semi-tractor to pull the darn thing! Fricken lawyers![:@]

Mike
Old 12-16-2004, 04:47 PM

Default RE: My Last Remington

I also have owned many rifles (among them about 6 Model 700s) over the years, but have sold or traded them all and now just have a Rem 700 stainless in 270 Win on which I put an HS precision stock. It is very accurate (usually 1"MOA) with several different brands of factory ammo that I have no complaints. Like most of you, I also had the trigger adjusted. I own only one other rifle, a Win 70 Classic Stainless, which I use for elk. It too has an HS stock, had the trigger adjusted, and shoots just as accurate with some factory ammo as the Rem. IMO, they are both acceptable for their intended purpose. I have read posts of many problems regarding Rems and other guns. But in my limited experience, I have yet to have a problem with either brand. Hope my good luck continues.