Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 My Last Remington >

My Last Remington

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

My Last Remington

Old 11-22-2004, 10:49 PM

Default RE: My Last Remington

Sorry to hear you were un happy Old Elk. I to have owned a couple of 700's and have enjoyed them. I just purchased a 700BDL SS in 30-06 and the out of box acuracy is hard to beat. The stock is noisier than my 76 chev though! Where I hunt is mostly on the tops of draws so sound isn't a problem but for dense cover i would pick a differant rifle for sure!
Old 11-23-2004, 12:27 AM

Ahhhhhhhhh patience grasshoppah...

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG things it happenin for Big Green in 05. Lets just say that most everything is gettin "changed" and from what I have knowledge of, I doubt you will be sayin this this same time nextyear!!!

Lemme just say you SAUM owners are gonna be disappointed,
RA
Old 11-23-2004, 06:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have had tons of 700 Remingtons. Not one problem of any kind. Not one malfunction. They have been perfect for me.
Aren't you the lucky one
Old 11-23-2004, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

I would have to say I agree with you. There was a time when I only owned Remington's. That time has passed. In my opinion the Howa 1500/Weatherby Vanguard is a better rifle that offers the same features. The Vanguard even comes with an accuracy guarantee. The new Savage's with the Accu-trigger are also better rifles for the money. I say this because if you buy a Savage synthetic model the stock is pillare bedded and the trigger is great. In the past when I have picked up a Rem. I usually had to float the barrel, adjust the trigger, and glass bed the action. The Rem. synthetic stocks that come the ADL & BDL models are complete tupperware junk. If you buy one of these you need to throw the stock away and go the McMillan, H-S Precision, or one of the other manufacturers of quality fiberglass. My next purchase will be a Savage in 300 WSM. I also think the firearms from Browning & Winchester are superior to what Remingon is producing at this time. It has been known for the last few years that Rem. has loosened up on quality. I hope they get their act together and come back to the top of the industry. I will not sale the Remingon's that I currently own. One is a late 70's gun and its fit and finish are great and it's a true 1/2" gun with my handloads. I also have a 700 Classic Stainless in 257 Roberts that is accurate. My complaint on the rifle is the amount of tooling marks on it. The gun doesn't look like they spent anytime trying to polish it after production. Looks crude but it shoots well. This is just my opinion.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't owned a Remington 700 in a couple of years now and have no plans to buy another. Since I started buying Sakos, the 700 just doesn't cut it for me anymore. I'm also partial to Model 70 Winchesters, both the current classic models and the pre-64 versions. I just think a rifle ought to offer more than just accuracy alone.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I called Remingtons customer service line and they now don't require my rifle to fix the floorplate. They sent me a brand new assembly in very fast time. I had to fit the latch properly with a file but was very impressed with the service provided. I am now pleased with the rifle now if they would only do away with the ISS I would be happier
Old 12-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sorry to hear about your problem with your new rifle oldelkhunter and i hope you get it resolved. I guess i've been very lucky too because same as James, i've owned quite a few Remingtons myself and i haven't had not one problem at all with any of them. I will add though that my newest Remington is a Classic 25.06 made in 1990 so i'm not familiar with their newer guns. I currently have 4 but if Remington ever decides to chamber a (260 rem or 6mm) in a rifle i like then i have no doubt i'll try out their newer rifles and own number 5 & 6. Good luck with your new rifle.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:02 PM

You have email!
Old 12-09-2004, 06:19 PM
bigcountry

Man, what is your deal? He explained his reasons. Obviously, you need to go up and buy some other guns to form an opinion. Oldelk didn't say a dad gone thing about you.

Old 12-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like we have a newbe with an attitute. You need to learn to respect people instead of insulting them.We've seen your type come and go.OEH is a fine person and deserves to be respected.This is the wrong way to start off at a new site.If you can't respect members here it's time for you to move else where.

Ruger Redhawk

Quick Reply: My Last Remington

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.