Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Hunters killed in WI!! >

Hunters killed in WI!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Hunters killed in WI!!

Old 12-05-2004, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunters killed in WI!!

he mentality that comes with 90% of the hunters using a SKS or the AK knockoff. We have all seen it I am sure. The mentality is what mine was when I was 12 or 14. Its usually dangerous and sometimes risky, see it, shoot it with as many shots as possible. Which I think most of us on this page would agree, is not an ideal/ethical hunters mentality that come to mind for most Americans.
Bigcountry- I can also agree that there are people like that out there. I've observed this behahior while sitting in a stand on the fenceline of the property I hunted on and watched as two hunters sitting in the middle of the field would rapid fire until their bolts locked back at any deer that ran past them, sometimes these hunters would get a "lucky" shot in and actually hit the deer- in the jaw or front leg, before it ran onto the property I hunted on[:@] I've seen these type of hunters on public land many of times also- I actually watched a buck through my binos walk up behind a guy sitting on a wooded hill and saw the man turn around and blast away at the deer as it ran through the thick woods away from him.

In every case, the rifle used by these 'hunters' looked to be a remington. Do I think that everyone using a remington 7400 is a slob hunter? no. But when I work at a deer rifle sightin clinic and see scores of these rifles a year, I often times feel I could almost pick out the shooters who will have the tendancy to do this.

It ain't the gun, its hte guy behind the gun.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:12 PM

im from just north of madison wisconsin and that crap was just sick, there was an incedent on one of the farms about 8 miles from town where a couple of 35 year olds beat the daylights out of a 66 year old farmer who approached them for tresspassing on his property. it makes you wonder about people these days
Old 12-05-2004, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

the thing that pisses me off is that none of the major news channels are even covering this the way it should be.check out mike savage talk radio show on the AM dial at night and at least he sees through the liberal media. i guess because it was just some white hunters killed by a minority it should get swept under the covers. where are the candle light vigils for these poor people. i for one will say a prayer for them and there family. savage also said there was a similar type shot in the back murdered hunter in the same area a couple years ago. i wonder if its the same a-hole!
Old 12-06-2004, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

the thing that pisses me off is that none of the major news channels are even covering this the way it should be.check out mike savage talk radio show on the AM dial at night and at least he sees through the liberal media. i guess because it was just some white hunters killed by a minority it should get swept under the covers. where are the candle light vigils for these poor people. i for one will say a prayer for them and there family. savage also said there was a similar type shot in the back murdered hunter in the same area a couple years ago. i wonder if its the same a-hole!

Your're just reading the wrong newspaper go to this website http://www.chronotype.com/ they have a new article or two every otherday on this tragedy and they tell it right, gotta love small town newspapers usually owned by conservatives also this paper is Rice lake wisconsins paper the town paper of where most of the slain were from.

This issue will never rest with me untill I hear that guy vang was killed while being transfered to another jail or gets killed in prison ala jeffrey dahmer broom handle style like someone else has stated, If we can I'd like this thread to stay alive aslong as possible in memory of our fellow brothers and sister who had fallin to the madness of one sick individual. Keep their families in your prayers untill justice is served I know they won't feel any closure untill vang hangs for what he did.

We need to let the liberal media know that they cant just sweep this away and that we will always remember this horrible tragedy and keep in the back of our minds so that in the future something like this can be prevented, let this be a lesson to everyone I sure hope none of you ever have to experience or be involved with anything like this.