Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 sorry, i'm a beginner.. >

sorry, i'm a beginner..

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

sorry, i'm a beginner..

Old 11-12-2004, 12:53 AM

Default sorry, i'm a beginner..

I just wanted to say sorry if you think im a stupid guy who do'ntknow anything..i'm a beginner, and that's why I ask, what you think is, Stupid questions..!

Niko
Old 11-12-2004, 01:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: sorry, i'm a beginner..

There is no stupid questions. You have to learn some how. Everyone was once there.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only stupid question i know of is the one that doesn't get asked. I've gotten a great deal of helpful information from this forum and if i have a question that i think the guys on this forum can help me with i'm going to ask it no matter how simple it may sound to someone else. Nobody knows everything, or at least i don't think they do. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask because in my experience with this forum there's always someone here willing to help.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:29 AM

You have come to the right place. The members here are great and there is no such thing as a dumb question. I found the search tool here awesome for going back and doing research also

Old 11-12-2004, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is a great place for beginners. Other forums can be snobbish, but this one is pretty good. Don't be afraid to surf and search through older threads. Lots of stuff there that will save you from feeling silly about some questions. But, ask away. I've learned a ton here, and no one seemed to every mind helping me out.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:49 AM

Hi NIKO . . . welcome . . . I am new to Hunting Net too . . . although I have hunted for many years [age 64] So I have picked up a bit of info on occasions!

There are NO stupid questions . . . only stupid answers by just a few who think they are "exspurts" . . . . . . and who usually only impress themselves. You learn to ignore those characters.

I have found that most of the guys and gals on here are polite, informed, and all too ready to answer questions AND help a newcomer.

So . . . fire away . . . I will help where I can . . . and I am sure most everyone else will too.

And I have a question too . . . need some info on loading 190 grain Hornady Interlock BTSP bullets in .30-06 . . . somebody help . . . didn't get many replies on Reloading?
Old 11-12-2004, 08:37 AM

I don't see a question? At any rate, welcome to the forum. Like said above, ask anything you want. At worst it just won't get answered, no one will chastize you for asking a question. Of course if you talk about something really unethical you may get some opinions and attitude, but that's how it goes.

And remember what you read here isn't always fact, just someones opinion on the subject. After a while you learn to seperate the wanna be's from the people with real knowledge. You will get the hang of it.

Like these other guys said, this is a pretty friendly and family oriented place. Keep the bad language (it's hard for me) and nasty comments to yourself and you will do fine here. You can learn a lot of stuff from this forum and others like it. This forum is somewhat like Eders, it's mostly driven by the archery topics, but the hunting and gun sections get quite a bit of traffic as well.

Have fun and I hope you find what you came looking for.

Paul
Old 11-12-2004, 08:54 AM

I just reviewed your current posts on this forum, none of them seem out of line to me. Especially for a 15 year old that is just getting into it. You are asking solid questions and being polite about it, you are doing fine, don't fret over it.

On a side note regarding one of your questions. My first high powered rifle was a Savage 110E 30-06 when I was eighteen. I weighed about 95 lbs fully dressed and didn't have any trouble shooting it. Sure it spun me around when I shot it and it felt like someone hit in me the shoulder with a bat. But it wasn't anyhing I couldn't manage or withstand. Just be careful if you put a scope on it, I got it in the head with one once, it hurts, bad! Be very concious of where your head is in regards to the scope and try and get one with a generous amount of eye relief, 3.5 inches or better. You didn't really say how big you are so it's hard to know. Some 15 year olds are nearly full grown already. 270 and 243 are great calibers as well, although I don't know that I would suggest a 243 for elk, but I've seen it done with other kids on video and the elk dropped in it's tracks.

On the other hand my step father had a remington carbine pump in 30-06 and it would knock your teeth out when you shot it. Some guns just kick harder. It depends on the weight and the design of the stock.

Paul
Old 11-12-2004, 11:23 AM

I've done a lot of training in my day (and still do a lot), and there really are no stupid questions.

Especially when it comes to firearms, it's a lot smarter to ask first.

Example:

"Hey, should I wrap my fingers around the front of my revolver's cylinder?"

vs.

"Someone call 9-1-1! I just blew my fingertips off!"
Old 11-16-2004, 12:25 AM

ok..thanks.. I just felt a bit stupid when i asked a question..somebody answered it in a way that made me feel stupid...

Quick Reply: sorry, i'm a beginner..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.