Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 glock opinions >

glock opinions

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

glock opinions

Old 09-22-2004, 08:45 PM
Spike

Default glock opinions

thinking about a glock for concealed carry in 40 s&w. anyone like or dislike their glocks. oh yeah it is legal in my state with a permit.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: glock opinions

I have a 26 and a 17 and I really like them both.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:03 PM
Typical Buck

I don't own one, but I think they are pretty much the standard in the "wonder nine" class. I would take a look at Springfield XD's, they are getting a lot of good press.

Or you could get a 1911 (just a big fan!)
Old 09-22-2004, 11:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one like you're asking about. I have the Glock Model 27. It's a 40 S&W Baby Glock. I've had it since they were released back somewhere around 1995.Great little gun. I sent it back to Glock and for around 77.00 back then they installed the Trijicon Night Sights. That was money wisely spent.This gun hasn't been fired much but has never jammed or stove piped. It's my primary carry gun.I hope never need it . If I did I wouldn't hesitate taking in the the worst situation.I had a Model 26 which is the same gun in 9mm. I sold it. Great little gun again.I had night sights on it too! I just don't care for a 9mm for protection. Never have never will.The baby Glock were scarce when first released. The 26 was found first.When I got the 27 the 26 had to go.It's nice legally carrying isn't it?I have been since the right to carry was impossed back in 1987 here in Florida.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 09-22-2004, 11:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I might add they are very easy to conceal and you hardly know you have it on. You might check the Model 36 and Model 30 out. Both are small compacs (Baby Glocks) in 45 ACP. Those will be my next CCW gun if I ever need another one.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 09-23-2004, 12:06 AM
Typical Buck

I'm a huge fan of 1911's and swore I'd never own a "plastic" gun. But two years ago, a buddy needed some quick money and made me an offer I couldn't refuse on his Glock model 22 with two hi-cap mags.($350) After shooting and carrying it, I realized what all the fuss was about!! They're a very simple design, shoot great and are tough as they come. I sold that one because of its size(and profit) and now have the model 23C(midsize 40cal). Its got Trijicon nite-sites and I've got a tactical light ordered for the accessory rail. I still don't like the looks of them and I've owned pistols that feel better in the hand, but when it comes to a CCW pistol or for a nightstand pistol, its hard to beat the Glock.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:09 AM

Some have had problem concealing glocks due to their large square slide, specifically the butt end of the slide. Just something to consider though it might have to do a lot with body shape and method of carry.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:24 AM

I own two glocks. I have the full size 21 in 45 acp. I also have a baby glock 26 in 9mm. I love them. I have put well over 50,000 rounds throught the 21 without a single problem. I have put 10,000 rounds through the 26, with no problems. They are wonderfully accurate and reliable. I also own two XD's. One is a four inch 357 sig, and the other is a five inch 40 S&W. They are also great guns. Glock or Springfield will both suit you fine. Just my $.02
Old 09-23-2004, 10:59 AM

I have a Glock 21 and love it. Very good guns and very little upkeep. THey are indestructable and accurate as heck!! Can't go wrong with a Glock!
Old 09-23-2004, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: WriterBob

THey are indestructable and accurate as heck!!
To be fair they are indestructable, but accurate, that is a relative term, for personal protection and IDPA yes, for target shooting no... That is where you need a good 1911!!!!! Wouldn't it be nice if we could pick up a Baer, Brown, or Wilson for $500 bucks?!?!

Quick Reply: glock opinions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.