Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 My hat's off to Leupold >

My hat's off to Leupold

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

My hat's off to Leupold

Old 09-01-2004, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My hat's off to Leupold

I'm not on their payroll. But you might think so when you talk to me from now on.
I sent them an old M7 - 4X x 28 scope that has sat on top of my .243 for the past 30 years. Before that it was on some other rifle my grandfather took in in trade in Feb 1961. The scope is 43 frikikin yrs old!
I sent it in for repairs b/c it had developed some fogginess inside and had a couple pretty bad chips in the ocular lens from my own misuse.

They replaced the entire eyepiece shell INCLUDING A NEW MODERN LENS! Completely dissassembled all internal parts and reassembled. Checked it for travel and jump and drift.

They charged me Nothing! NOTHING!
ThIs new lens obviously has some pretty good coatings, on the outside at least....unlike the old 43 yrd old lens that was all beat up.
I will buy every decently priced Leupold I ever see....and new ones for that matter.
ELKampmaster mentioned on the "Which Scope" thread that Leupold is the best combination of the factors needed in a scope....when it comes to "show time".
For my money any company that stands behind it's product like this has me for a customer until I expire. Maybe longer than that.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My hat's off to Leupold

Nice to hear good things like that. Thanks.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:12 PM

Indeed. Leupold is the best
Old 09-01-2004, 08:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thats good service I had a simular expierence recently with a 30 year old Bushnell Sportview Range finder scope with BDC. They cleaned repaired and returned it . No Charge. You can't beat a company that gives service even on old products.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Leupold is the best company that I have delt with.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:54 PM

I have read many posts in the forums talking about great scopes and their manufacturers. I am sure that they are all true, but my experiences have only been with Leupold. I have purchased guns two times that had malfunctioning scopes, both were Leupolds. When sent to the factory, they were both totally refurbished and sent back at no charge. I explained to them that I was not the original owner, but it made no difference. They told me that their scopes had a lifetime warranty no matter who owned them. They made a believer out of me. Glad to hear others have had good experiences with them as well.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:44 PM

Great to hear that! Do they have some kind of life-time warranty? That is one heck of a customer service right there!
Old 09-02-2004, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Having two Leupold scopes , it’s nice to hear what type of CS they have just in case.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Leupold is a very good company that stands behind their product and they do make great optics.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:36 AM

That's what you call good service, and a happy customer. I'm glad to hear that theres a company that still likes taking money from customers. With so many bad things being said about the other companies, it almost sounds like they don't like taking money from customers. Due to the fact that people won't be buying their products no longer! Leupold is fantastic in quality and service!

Quick Reply: My hat's off to Leupold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.