HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Ruger #1 quarter rib base for scope (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/71592-ruger-1-quarter-rib-base-scope.html)

biscuit jake 09-06-2004 03:10 PM

Ruger #1 quarter rib base for scope

Is there a better after market base, or leave well enough alone?

Thanks

eldeguello 09-07-2004 08:15 AM

RE: Ruger #1 quarter rib base for scope

ORIGINAL: biscuit jake Is there a better after market base, or leave well enough alone? Thanks
NO! There is no better mount base for putting a scope on a Ruger No.1! These bases are hellforstrong, and will NEVER shoot loose!

oldelkhunter 09-07-2004 09:01 AM

look at www.scopemounts.com they offer a base that extends towards the shooters eye. You have to use their rings however

biscuit jake 09-07-2004 05:39 PM

Thank you gents, for your feedback!

MikeE51848 09-08-2004 03:05 PM

I have to send my Ruger 1 back to the factory. The base was installed incorrectly and off-line. I cannot get a scope to zero on it as scope won't adjust right enough. [:@][:'(]

eldeguello 09-09-2004 09:29 AM

I can see where this could happen, but they should have causgth this in QC inspection!!! My No. 1's have all shot well.

Two 100-yard No. 1 groups - one with the .45/70, one with the 1A 7X57mm..

MikeE51848 09-09-2004 01:55 PM

The base is off by about 1/8 of an inch. Doesn't sound like much til you put a scope that has little horizontal leeway. I never noticed it. My gunsmith is going to put a type of ring on that has a windage adjust, instead of sending it back to factory.

Gregswifty 01-14-2012 04:01 PM

base/rings do not allign

I have a Ruger #1 stainless in 25-06. The rings, when installed on the factory base, don't even come close to allign up. It's not even close. There is NO WAY that I am going to put my brand new Leupold on it. I wonder if this is something that is covered under a lifetime warranty, as I purchased the rifle used. I cleaned the rings and base meticulously, so this is not the problem.

bugsNbows 01-15-2012 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by biscuit jake (Post 724543)
Is there a better after market base, or leave well enough alone?

Thanks

I've used the quarter ribs with pretty good success. However, there have been some reported issues with misaligned ribs or even flexing. On my current #1B (Lam./ SS .300 Win Mag) I removed the quarter rib and got a zero degree pic rail made up from Richard Near. With my big scope mounted up, it is rock solid. I realize some would cry foul for going that route but I think it looks good (actually).

Swamperman 02-19-2012 07:19 PM

Pics

Bugs,

Can you post a few pics of the Near set up on your rifle?

Also, are you looking to sell the rib?

Swamerman