Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Leupold VX-I or Rifleman >

Leupold VX-I or Rifleman

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Leupold VX-I or Rifleman

Old 08-30-2004, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Leupold VX-I or Rifleman

IF your comparing the VX-I and the Rifleman the VX-I wins hands down. It has better lens coatings as well.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:18 AM
bigcountry

I bought a rifleman the other day for my 204 ruger. Not a bad scope for the gun I got it for. Great bargain in my opinion for the hunter that shoots a gun twice a year. There was some glare I wasn't crazy about while looking down the scope. I realize it wasn't a Vari X III. Just worth noting.

Old 08-30-2004, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks all for your replies...
I'd like to say I hit the lottery and changed my mind for the VX-III in the 3.5 X 40..............
But the truth is I just got off the internet and ordered the VX-I from Bonitz Brothers, Inc. in Harrisburg PA
With the med high rings and the VX-I in 3X9X40 my 8mm/06 will ride again. I haven't been able to use it (in good conscience) for the last few years because my eyes couldn't use the peep sights to adequate advantage anymore.
Looking forward to it.
Maybe the next one (scope) will be of the higher end. I'm sure this one will serve me well.
Thanks again for the help. It really makes a difference to hear from those who have mounted and looked through a scope you're considering.