Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Want to buy a good rifle but need help !! >

Want to buy a good rifle but need help !!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Want to buy a good rifle but need help !!

Old 08-28-2004, 03:31 PM

Default Want to buy a good rifle but need help !!

Hi guys, I'm Looking to buy a new riffle instead of my old Lee enfield..

I'm gonna use this rifle for Moosehead and also Deer..
I took a look on a lot of rifles and really don't know what brand to choose.
What I know is that I will surely take a 30-06 cal. (or any other that you will suggest!!!).

I'm hesitating on -Tikka T3 Lite or Laminated (both stainless)
-Winchester M70 CLassic Super Grade
-Remington 700 BDL SS

If possible help me to choose a right one that you know is really accurate. and will last for a long time.
Old 08-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Want to buy a good rifle but need help !!

The grand 30 06 is a fine cartridge with ammo avalilability everwhere. I have had Remingtons, Winchesters and I just took a Tikka T3 out to the range yesterday in .308. 3/4 inch groups no sweat at 100 yds; (from a bench. Best production trigger I have ever had. I am not knocking Rem's or Win's; my dealer just could not find one in 308. (!) Don't know what all your experience is, but modern sporters are pretty light and they will belt you a bit more than the Lee Enfield. No permanent damage, tho. :-)
Old 08-28-2004, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Win M-70 in .300 WM, and a Rem BDL in 30-06. Both are great shooters. I like the Win better because of the 3 position saftey. This allows you to unload the rifle without takeing the saftey off. Either one would be great in 30-06 Try them out and see which feels the best in your hands. 2 guys in my moose group shoot Tikkas (hunter model) and they are also great shooters. Get one of each. LOL
Old 08-28-2004, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

The 30-06 or 300 Win Mag are great shooters and will handle all NA game even the big bears,some might give me $iht about it but the guns have been doing it for years.
I would hunt moose with 180+ gr bullets out of both,"06 keep under 250 yds,300 win under 325+.

Also if you are looking for a good used gun in .30 cal I have one for sale.

It's a Winchester 300 WSM model 70 the new black stock('03'),blued barrel.
Comes with a 3x9 Redfeild classic (1 of the best befor they went under)scope and leupold rings,and swivel studs.It is one year old in October has had less than 4 boxes of shells thru it.No handloads,just factory 180 gr Power Points,and 1 box of winchester Fail-safes.Some scraces on the stock,(I did hunt with it)don't have digital camera to send pictures.It is a honest gun ready to hunt with,I killed my elk with it last year.
I'm asking $385.00 to FFL of you choice plus shipping,money back guranteed if not happy.I will send my address and full name to you if Interested.
I'm not a gun dealer,or any thing like that.Just a plain old Montana boy who likes guns(I have 2 300 WSM).Will consider trade strait a cross for gun I would like(25-06 rem,6mm,338 win mag,or 270 WSM or Win. or ask)I don't want your dads gun or Grand Pa's cause if you trade me your going to regret giving your history to the sport.
If price to steep ask might dicker.
BBJ
Old 08-28-2004, 08:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Remington 700 BDL 30-06. That would be my pick. I use the 30-06 7600 Remington pump because I can't work a bolt anymore with my bad shoulder. The 7600 of which I have had four, operate flawlessly and shoot nearly as well if not as well as most bolt guns. Mine will shoot 1 1/2 inch groups with almost any load factory or reloads and better than that with its favorite loads. No trick to wring one inch groups from most 7600's. In my expierence.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like the Win better because of the 3 position saftey. This allows you to unload the rifle without takeing the saftey off.
The newer 700's can also be unloaded without taking the safety off.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the looks of the Tikka T3 Laminated.The actions are smooth and the guns seem well built.
The 30-06 I have is in the 7600,good shooting gun and reliable,easy to clean.If we convince you of this gun you might take a look at the Limited run of 7600 in 35 Whelen.This caliber is certainly up to the task.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would go with the Winchester Model 70 Classic Super Grade. Good luck.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd go with the Winchester. Bare Back Jack's gun doesn't sound like a bad deal either !
Old 08-30-2004, 09:20 AM

I like Winchester and Remington, both shoot well and parts/upgrades are easy to find. Either way you can't loose if it has Made In USA stamped on it.

Quick Reply: Want to buy a good rifle but need help !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.