Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Kimber 84m Who has one >

Kimber 84m Who has one

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Kimber 84m Who has one

Old 08-18-2004, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Kimber 84m Who has one

Ok I am now interested in this gun, I think Kimber has finally taken all the bugs outof it and the ones I have seen look real good. Who has one and what caliber is it chambered in and how do they really shoot?
Old 08-18-2004, 10:55 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Kimber 84m Who has one

Sorry, wasted all my money on cheap 700's in 204 ruger, and on sale 870's last week. That money was being saved for a 8400. Impulse buys, what can I say.

Old 08-18-2004, 11:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like what you bought though BC especialy the 204 ..I am starting to get a little intrigued by these Kimbers though. Dealer in my area has a very good selection of them as well as guy around corner who is a master dealer. Not sure if I want to go short mag with one or a 308 or 7-08.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:58 AM

I bought an 84M in .270 WSM about four months ago. I have the standard model, Super America was nice but the price was a little out of control. I had to order the rifle, it took about six months to get, Kimber can't keep up with the demand. It shoots excellent, I started with the factory Winchester BST 130 gr load, it held a solid 1/2 MOA at 100 yards. Since I ordered brass and the BST projectiles and have worked up a load (very similar to the factory load), it shoots 3/8 MOA @ 100, I have done nothing to the rifle other than mount a quality scope, I used Kimber's rings and bases. These results were from a bench mounted gun vise using a remote trigger actuator so about 99% human error is eliminated. The barrel is on the light side and does heat up quickly, when hot the groups do trail slightly but always cutting part of the hole shot just before it. I did allow the rifle to cool for 5 min. or so in between each shot, I shot 3 shot groups only because of time, I needed to let the rifle cool, it was not built to shoot all day at the range, it would get hot and I would have to stop and let it cool. I usually like to judge true performance using a 5 shot group just for the record. Overall the rifle is what I expected it to be, accurate, reliable, rugged, has a nice fit and finish yet has a simple classic look about it. I have several of Kimber's handguns and have been more than pleased with them for years, I expect nothing less from their rifle.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the info I have heard the WSM's they make are very accurate. I really like the 84m over the 8400 what do you figure your 84m weighs?
Old 08-18-2004, 12:07 PM
bigcountry

Well, Bass Pro had those 700ADLs on sale for 350 and 870 express shotguns(can't have too many) for 197.

I love the looks of the Kimbers, but can't find a master dealer in the area. I just don't like buying guns that I can't touch until they come in. I like to look it over, and work the action, check the distance to the Lands. Which they had them in this state.

Old 08-18-2004, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hmm to bad no master dealers in your area..I am going to give my local guy a call soon as I post this and ask him price and delivery on a 84m. I would buy 870's all day at that price that is cheap
Old 08-18-2004, 12:35 PM

I have the 8400 classic not the 84M. bigcountry, I bought my Kimber from a place located in Fallston, MD, it was a drive for me, not sure how far that is for you. They occasionally have one or two Kimber rifles on hand to touch and play with. The place was called Fallston Gun and Pawn but since I think they changed their name to Bel Air gun and Pawn (410) 877-7120 or (410) 879-0936 not sure which number is current , their prices are a little on the high side, but they could get me a Kimber. Bought one of my Gold Matches there also. I paid $873 for the standard 84M, not sure if that was a good deal or not, I had no choice thanks to my great political leaders. The rifle weighs 6 lbs. and I forget the ounces, it is light, maybe 7 lbs by the time you put a scope on it. Sorry for any confusion with the model numbers, 8400=WSM caliber 84M=classic action
Old 08-18-2004, 03:02 PM
bigcountry

I found one in Hancock, MD, about 75 min ride. Plan to go out and look at it. Its the montana in 270WSM.

Old 08-19-2004, 03:56 AM

Never did get to see the Montana in person but they look nice in the pictures. Let us know what you think about it after you take a look.

Quick Reply: Kimber 84m Who has one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.