Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 BEST SHOTGUN MANUFACTORER >

BEST SHOTGUN MANUFACTORER

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

BEST SHOTGUN MANUFACTORER

Old 08-10-2004, 12:02 PM

Default RE: BEST SHOTGUN MANUFACTORER

I like Berettas very much, but will never own another Browning. Had a Browning BAR in .300 Win.Mag. broke two firing pins. One just as I put my crosshairs on a big Red stag.
I like Ruger MKII 77 in .270 after I did a trigger job on it and free floated the barrel, and also have a Tikka 7mm mag that I like.
But shotguns, Beretta all the way!
Old 08-10-2004, 05:38 PM

ORIGINAL: VENTERS

I am planning to buy a new shotgun in a 12 guage caliber for deer hunting, turkey hunting, and duck hunting. I was thinking either the new Benelli Super Black Eagle II or a Remington 870 Express supermag. Does anyone have any helpful comments or opinions of the two? Thanks.
you can't go wrong with either one you need to shoot each if possible and go with what you like more .

like both buy both LOL
Old 08-11-2004, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

Benelli make the best Semi-auto's period.

I got rid of my overly sensitive Browning Gold Hunter in order to get a Benelli. I have never regretted the move for a minute. It has never jammed, even in the dust of South Dakota or the swamps off the Mississippi.

I love the Beretta's as well.

Do it right the first time.

-Mathewsconquest2
Old 08-11-2004, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

The SBE is a great gun for sure. So good I almost bought one myself. After seeing first hand my buddies experinces with this finicky gun. I decided to go with a Browning Gold 3 1/2" in shadow grass for my waterfowl gun. It's been 100% reliable with several thousand rounds fired. Being used as a waterfowl gun here in Michigan it sees some awful treatment. Without a doubt Browning makes the best semi auto shotgun!
Old 08-11-2004, 02:05 PM
bigcountry

I have seen some Benelli's SBE's not be able to fire 7/8oz real light skeet load. But I guess if you buy one, you don't buy it for skeet generally.

Old 08-11-2004, 08:27 PM

I own 5 Benelli's and LOVE everyone of them. Nova - Benelli's pump can be bought new for around $300.00 and will do every thing you want. Shoots 2 3/4" - 3 1/2" mix or match.

Watch your local pawn shops - I icked up a like new SBE for my son for $ 650.00 and it has worked great for 2 yrs.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:43 AM

i go wit remmington i dont care what any body says you can have a 1000.00 dollar gun or a 50.00 used gun and it still comes down to one thing the skill of the one pulling the triger
Old 08-12-2004, 07:56 AM
bigcountry

Very true. Moving here to MD, I see alot of people, not all, trying to substitute actual trigger time with high dollar goods. Especially shotguns. I have seen some of the best hunters with gear not half as good as mine. Here in MD, I see alot of novices come out to the bay in thier 10K boats, 200 dollar calls, not calling very well, not a very good decoy spread, with 1200 dollar guns. And then see some good ole boy on the eastern shore with his 200 dollar pump, and decoys that looked like they been thru a war limit out.

I fell in this trap when I started Moose hunting in Newfoundland. I bought the best of the best, from binocs, gortex to custom built gun, to the most accurate loads, but what it really came down too, was how good in shape you was. None of the other stuff mattered much besides the binocs. My guide carried some 300 dollar 243win, and 80 dollar binocs, and clothes that looked like he got off his fishing boat. But he could hump all day all night. He could bring in a Moose everyday.

Old 08-12-2004, 09:07 AM

It comes down to whether you prefer a pump or an auto and if you are willing to pay for the SBE. For a pump you cannot beat an 870. Since you are also deer hunting with it, you can swap barrels cheaper than with the Benelli. For an auto, you cannot beat the SBE. You are going to pay for it but won't regret it. I've been shooting a SBE for four years and can definitely recommend it. Lighter than other 3 1/2" guns and handles great. Being inertia recoil and not gas operated it is the cleanest auto I have ever used.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:19 AM

bigcountry:

This is true about the 7/8 oz. load. The Benelli manual says to use 1 1/8 oz. load min. with 2 3/4" shells. I've never had a failure with 1 1/8 oz. I have shot a couple of cases of Estate 1 oz. loads with no failures either. But I think that Estate loads a little hotter shell than the rest.

Quick Reply: BEST SHOTGUN MANUFACTORER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.