Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Need Ruger part >

Need Ruger part

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Need Ruger part

Old 06-08-2004, 09:47 PM

Default Need Ruger part

Does anyone know where I can get a new Ruger M77 MarkII all weather sear from? I have the Brownells #56 catalog, but I can't find just the sear. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
LAHUNTER
Old 06-08-2004, 10:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Need Ruger part

I am 99.9% sure that the new Ruger triggers and their corresponding parts are factory controled items and the only way to get them is to send your rifle to Ruger for them to replace it.

In doing that if the trigger has been altered in any way Ruger will either replace the entire trigger assembly (most likley) or at a minimum reset everything to factory original condition.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:41 AM

bigbulls,
I bought the gun around the year 2000. Is this considered new?
If it is, I will probably look at a Timney trigger. How much gunsmithing is required for the Timney's?
Old 06-09-2004, 10:02 PM

I just purchased a Timney trigger for the same rifle as you, I havent put it in yet cuz the rifle is in the states and I am in Korea, but from the instructions, it looks fairly simple...
Old 06-09-2004, 10:11 PM

I just put a Timney in a Ruger all weather 223. Make sure you have a good file or a dremel handy and it will be easy. The only problem I had was with the spring on the timney was to light and the gun would slam fire even after adjusted all the way out but I put the factory spring in with the new trigger and sear now it breaks at a nice crisp 2.5 pounds. You will have to file the saftey tab to the correct height on the Timney is why you need the file.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:35 AM

Thanks for ya'lls help. I have seen the timney trigger for around $80. Is this a decent price or do you know where to get a deal?

Thanks.