Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Any prpblems with Beneli shotguns? >

Any prpblems with Beneli shotguns?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Any prpblems with Beneli shotguns?

Old 06-06-2004, 12:35 PM

Default Any prpblems with Beneli shotguns?

I have heard that Beneli is the only way to go. I am thinking of buying my eigth shotgun and was going to get a Nova. But I want to know if people have had problems with it and what features they would change about it.
Any help would be wonderful. Thanks.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any prpblems with Beneli shotguns?

I bought one of the first benelli Nova's my gun has problems with not ejecting a shell out of the magizine tube. I'll fire the first shot then pump it and pull the trigger and click I might pump it 3 or 4 times more before it cycles a shell. It doesn't happen all the time either, just now and then, about once or twice during a day waterfoul hunt. I hate it though it happens, that just sucks. My friend has the same problem with his nova too, We bought them together. But I haven't heard anyone else having this problem. Maybe it's just because are guns were one of the first ones out of the door? Other than that I love my gun.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:49 AM

The nova has a cut off switch on the fore-arm. I've heard of this happening before. But in those instances, the owner was "palming" the switch. I never heard of that otherwise. Being the first guns out, they may have issues with that switch engaging itself. Other than that, I find the Nova kind of noisy with that big fore-end wobbling around. is that an issue out in the field?
Old 06-07-2004, 07:52 AM
bigcountry

Nice guns, but overpriced and overrated.

Old 06-07-2004, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice guns, but overpriced and overrated.
Not going to agree with you on this one BC. Not crazy about the Nova but it is one of most reliable pumps on the market. I really don't want a gas operated shotgun and prefer the recoil system on the SBE.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:47 AM

Is $269 overpriced?
Please tell me more about the wobbly slide.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:58 AM
bigcountry

Oldelk, I would love to have Black Eagle for duck, and goose, but do just as well with my gold and 11-87. Yes, you get that gas caked up in there but never failed me. I think the SBE has a superior recoil system, but it seems if it is so simple, they could lower the price to a nice 800 dollars. Something a workin man could afford.

Benouthuntin, I guess I am referring more to the semi's. To be honest never priced a nova and never shot one. I have two pumps, one a 870 express, the other a 870police. Sounds like a nice price.

Old 06-07-2004, 10:52 AM

The Nova has a one piece stock/reciever. All the metal parts are molded into the reciever. This gives the gun a nice clean look. They tried to match up the fore-end to the stock. But it's large, plastic, and is very loose, when you shake the gun. It waoobles back and forth, and more so side to side. With a "rattle-rattle-rattle". I like the feel of the gun, but thats why I was concerned about the Wobbly fore-end. If it might be to noisy for ducks or deer.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:58 PM

Well if it wobbles, then does it bind up when you rack the slide? Sounds to me like the slide is not so great.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:45 PM

Nobody replied, so I went and tried one. Holy Cow! I can't be the only one who has had a Nova bind up while pumping the slide?
I have never had a shotgun that was so binding.
Has anyone else had this problem, and how did you fix it?
If they are so popular, you must be able to fix it?

Quick Reply: Any prpblems with Beneli shotguns?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.