Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Kimber Model 84 >

Kimber Model 84

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Kimber Model 84

Old 06-06-2004, 09:22 AM

Default Kimber Model 84

Howdy guy's .You might know that I have been thinking about building a new rifle. I just did'nt know if I wanted a big'un or a littl'un.I went to my buddies gun shop yesterday(Left Myrtle Beach a day early so I could go to the shop 'cause he's closed on Sundays Don't you know mamma's happy .The boy's were not to thrilled either,but they were worn out ) anyway my buddy has a used as new in box Kimber 84 Varmit blued action ,26" stainless fluted ( not to thrilled about the fluted part) ,very nice oiled stock really good figure nice stock,did I say nice stock.All chambered in 22-250.It also has a Leupold Vari-x II 4x16x 40 fine reticle scope.I know the guy who bought it ,And he basicly trades gun lot's of times before he even shoot them.I don't think this one has ever been fired .If . so not more than 4 or 5 times.NOW my dealer has a $850.00 price tag on the package. Do you think this is a good price? I can probally get it for$800.00. I know that anything Kimber is expensive .I have a kimber custom .45 and an eclipse.I am well satisfied with both.What I would like from you guy's is:1( are the kimber rifles all they are cracked up to be as accuracy, dependability,Do they usually need much work done to get their potential.2( Should I have told my dealer to put it up cause it's mine?3( even if it doesn't perform to my standards get it anyway and rebarrel or whatever it takes down the road to satisfy myself .I just wanted some of you guy's reaction and input to this delima.BTW I layed it away I could not stand it.I just needed the moral support from my friends..........[ Thanks for being here for me guy's it's nice to know that i have friends like you.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Kimber Model 84

Yes, IMO, the Kimber's are fine weapons. About a month ago I nearly bought a NIB Montana in 7MM-08. It was very light, well made, had a decent trigger pull and $ was about $1050.00 out-the-door. The only reason(s) I didn't get it were that it seemed a little short (LOP) to me and I don't particularily care for blind magazines. I was then going to order an 8400 in .270WSM but was told by Kimber it would likely be Novemebr or December before I would see it. It's price was right at $900.00. I ended up getting another brand but still liked the Kimber alot. I think you could do much worse. Are they perfect, no. But they are certainly very nice.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:24 AM

Went and got the 84 out of the shop yesterday.Shot some factory ammo with good results at 100 yds. From the way things are looking I think I am going to be well pleased after I work up the right food for it .I think I am going to get a higher power scope though.Just for kicks and giggles.I don't even think I am going to have a problem with the fluted barrel.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:20 PM

Swampdog
I have the 84m varmit 22-250 w/ Leupold vxIII-10x20, excellent results with Hornady 55g poly coated not so good with Winchester Varmit loads. You did a very good deal, NIB the rifle is $950, no base.

The 84m 7mm-08 is a great shooter to.

Have fun.