Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Canadian Commies want U.S. gun laws strengthened! >

Canadian Commies want U.S. gun laws strengthened!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Canadian Commies want U.S. gun laws strengthened!

Old 06-07-2004, 07:52 AM

Default RE: Canadian Commies want U.S. gun laws strengthened!

Unfortunatly, I must agree.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:18 AM

As far as I'm concerned, no Canadian has any business dictating our gun laws. If this guy wants to trample our rights like they've done up north, then he should become an American citizen, run for office, and see how far he can get at the polls.
Aught Six
This a partial quote from one of my previous posts. gg.

Far be it from me to ever champion loose lipped Jack Layton's cause(s) but I think some clarification may be required. What he was saying was he'd lobby the U.S. government for stricter gun laws relating to control and exportation of firearms to Canada, not how they'd be applied to U.S. citizens.

In fact during the Clinton years we were subjected to increased restrictions and controls
on cross border purchases which we now have to abide by. gg.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Far be it from me to ever champion loose lipped Jack Layton's cause(s) but I think some clarification may be required. What he was saying was he'd lobby the U.S. government for stricter gun laws relating to control and exportation of firearms to Canada, not how they'd be applied to U.S. citizens.

In fact during the Clinton years we were subjected to increased restrictions and controls
on cross border purchases which we now have to abide by. gg.
I stand by my post. If Canada wants restriction, then they may do so on their side of the border. American firearm companies would be hurt by such a decision either way, but it is not America's place to damage their own business interests.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:24 AM

pharaoh2

You're right Allan Rock started it but Anne has been carrying the ball for many years now.

Instead of sitting there trying to pick a fight with me, go out there and tell others about the wrong doings of our elected officials, and maybe we can do somthing about anne, allans, and pauls thinking.
I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. If I was I'd be really obnoxious, not just pulling on your chain a little.

As far as doing something about it, well putting a few posts on this board does practically nothing about it because everybody here is already on side. I do this for a bit of entertainment and hope you do too. As for actually doing something about it, well here's what I do:
I was a member of the Reform Party and worked throughout the last campaign for my local candidate.
I am now a paid member of the New Conservative Party.
In addition to paying membership to the party, I made a $100.00 donation.
I have been and will continue to work extensively for my local candidate until June 28.
I have a sign on my front lawn.
I have put up signs throughout my area.
I have been and will continue to go door to door with pamphlets.
I have offered my services for whatever else they need me for during the campaign.
I will drive voters on June 28
I take every opportunity at any time to talk to anyone who will listen.
The NFA which fights hard for our rights is an organization which I am a member.
I also made an additional $100.00 donation to the NFA towards their efforts during this election campaign.

So I guess that's why I get a little testy when someone makes a broad statement like:
Lets not tak canada. And as it was said before, don't put us all in the same basket as our elected officials. actually, what they call elections, I call crap. People out east are brainwahed to supportting the liberals.
I know you have qualified that statement since. And I reiterate, not everyone in the east is brainwashed into supporting the Liberals just as some in the west are brainwashed into supporting them

Lets work together here. I, and many others who have nothing to do with politics are trying to inform as many people as we can in as short amount as time as possible. June 28th is coming up fast, and this time, we might be able to do somthing about it!
You need to have something to do with politics if you're sincere about really wanting to make a difference. And you're absolutely right, we have to work together here and I hope you are in fact out there actively involved in support of your local candidate.

Got to get to work now or my morning will be shot. All this entertaiment and no work done is not good. gg.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:31 AM

Well know, I've been told. I bow to you!
Old 06-07-2004, 08:43 AM

Why don't all you Canadian freedom-loving conservative types come across the border and send all of our liberals up there? We can have a hell of a time...sure, you can bring your own beer down here . No gun laws, no helmet laws, low taxes, no "strange" marriages, just plenty of hardworking straight shooting folks!

In all seriousness, here is something that at least the Americans can take solice in; Generation Y (my generation, I believe something like 26 and younger) is thus far the most conservative generation since WWII, according to most studies. Hopefully, this will translate to us "arrogant" Americans wiping our asses with UN resolutions, gun laws, the entire IRS, the ATF, and many more governmental agencies and dumba$$ ideas. As for Canada, maybe us U.S. conservatives should butt into Canadian affairs on behalf of freedom-loving (though bad beer drinking) Canadians? See how the Marxists Northerners like that?
Old 06-07-2004, 08:48 AM

BAD BEER!!!!!!! Now thems are fightin' words!
Old 06-11-2004, 08:44 PM

BigBore1895: "No gun laws, no helmet laws, low taxes, no "strange" marriages,..."

The first three things you list mean freedom to me. But I don't understand the "no strange marriages" - why can't people do what they want to do? Is someone in a strange marriage hurting you? How about the people who are together without any marriage at all? How about those working toward their third or fourth divorce?

There are too many laws restricting our freedom to act as we wish to and take responsibility for the consequences - part of the rise of urban values over traditional rural ones.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:59 PM

Yawn...