Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Charles Daly Warranty >

Charles Daly Warranty

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Charles Daly Warranty

Old 05-23-2004, 05:37 AM

Default RE: Charles Daly Warranty

This company has me baffled.....how is it that people that shoot the 20 guages are singing the praises of these guns, but they can't make a 12 guage to last more than a couple years??? I just don't get it.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: soarkrebel

Ruger in this day and age word of screen reputation could make you or break you.
Soark you're right there. These computers can make or break a company in short order.I'm one if I get good service I let it be known. If I get treat like crap like I did with Polaris Industries I let it be known.Sometimes we can't blame the company,since it's individuals making these decisions.The company needs to follow what their people are saying and doing.There are so many companies with terrible customer service it's scary.Remington from comments made here and other sites are pretty poor in CS and QC. I've dealt with Browning a time or two,they leave allot to be desireed.Treelounge is another one who could use allot of improvement.Then on the other hand I couldn't ask for better customer service from RCBS,T/C, Knight.and Ruger to name a few.They know how to treat their customers.
These forums help allot when deciding on what products to buy.I know they're just opinions. Enough opinions with the same kind of comments makes it pretty reliable what to expect from companies.....

Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-23-2004, 11:37 AM

If I get treat like crap like I did with Polaris Industries I let it be known.
I never thought i would see you write that!
Old 05-23-2004, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

So to set the scene with some of the better stories.....I'd like to praise Marlin for a superb customer service.....these guys have my confidence and get my renewed business.....they're just great!!

There's a lot of customer friendly companies out there and they don't get the praise deserved all the time.....among those is RCBS, Hornady and manyt others!!!!!

KBI is NOT among them!!!!
Old 05-23-2004, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: soarkrebel

If I get treat like crap like I did with Polaris Industries I let it be known.
I never thought i would see you write that!

Well you did now Soark.LOL.

Polaris has to have the worst CS I've ever dealt with.I would have been better off talking to the wall instead of that woman I did .She was as useful as the T#T's on a boar hog.A simple question and all I got was the run around.All she knew how to say was take it to your dealer.I asked if there was someone else I could talk to? No take it to your dealer.,she sounded like a broken record if you can remember what a record was.On my Polaris the belt cover had warped from heat.The belt and clutch were hitting the warped cover making some racket. I was told on another forum Polaris has a revised cover made from a more heat resistant plastic.I asked her about it. Her comments were that maybe but that doesn't mean we had problem with them.I asked what part number it was, Take it to you dealer.I finally got the information from a Polaris tech on the ATV site.I picked up a new belt cover when I was on vacation in IL.A mere 85.00 for a piece of plastic.I installed it and that solved my belt slapping problem. Will I ever buy another Polaris?No way ,if you can't get help when you need it after the sale, I'll find a company who is there for their customers before and after the sale.I'm sure Polaris's upper management isn't aware of the lack of CS they have.Then again they might and don't care like their employees do.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-23-2004, 07:45 PM

I was looking into a daly auto or a stoger 2000 will I think Iv mademy mind up thank's a working man like me cant aford a gun that no one what to stand behind
Old 05-23-2004, 08:04 PM

Ruger if it had been a honda you would not have had to call customer service cause they are that good!

And to mention some other good companys mag industries (mag lights) awesome!! they fixed my mag charger in less than two weeks and no charge!
And it was 11 years old.

Remington did fix a model seven but it took them like two months. but i could call and find out the status.

Redfield rings ! i had a top strap that was machined wrong and called them . the person was going to send me a new set of rings . i told her i just needed the top strap . i got it in about a week. great service!
Old 05-24-2004, 07:35 AM
Typical Buck

FYI. Charles Daly warrenty policy, for those who want to read it.
http://www.charlesdaly.com/HTML/publ...timeRepair.asp
Old 05-24-2004, 07:41 PM

i was thinkin about buyin one but now i think i wont so thanks for lettin me know!!