Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 What will you do with your guns.......... >

What will you do with your guns..........

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What will you do with your guns..........

Old 04-22-2004, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What will you do with your guns..........

Saw this posted on another board
Another THRer I presume?

I'm giving mine to my son. I'll have to give him a few at a time, maybe if I have another kid, they will be able to pick which ones they want. I'll probably give mos of them away before I die, Most of my rifles are iron sighted, and I don't think they will much use to me 30 years from now, and I might live another 50 or 60 years. Some of them will probably be worth some serious money by then, and I'd like some who appreciates them to have them, rather than my wife selling them off to some unscrupulous collector for pennies on the dollar.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Leave them to my close relatives and friends. Good luck
Old 04-23-2004, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll leave them to my kids and then hopefully they'll be passed down to my grandchildren.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:11 AM

My two sons have allready decided which guns they are going to get. Nothing like me telling them which guns that would be left to them.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:11 AM

I've already started by giving my son a pre64 model 70. The only trouble with that is that it gave me the bug to buy more guns, crazy isn't it. The rest of my holdings will go to my son and grandkids.
Polack
Old 04-23-2004, 07:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'd prefer to leave them to a gun enthusiast in the family. If there are no suitable heirs, then I'll have my next of kin sell them (at prices I've determined ahead of time). My paternal great grandfather died in the 60's with an original 1911 (not A1) in his collection. My grandma sold it to a pawnbroker for $20.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:51 PM

Nothing like passing them along to your kids. My son and daughter will split them up and shoot the heck out of 'em. Hopefully they'll live close enough to use the same skinnin' tree.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:36 PM

Interesting question. At this point I just hope that my wife doesn't use one on me when deer season rolls around! Haden't got much farther than that......
Old 04-23-2004, 08:12 PM

Charley, that is a great idea. I have not made up a list like that but I will now. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

being 17 i guess dad will get them......and id be happy to see him them....he bought me all but 2.....the mauser and the tc hawken...both are my favorites....dad would love to have the mauser...and hed probably hang the hawken on the wall being i did alot of serious work to it....now its a mauser06/tc custom.....he gave me all my other guns...i bought them 2....later down the line ill pass them down to my kids....if i have kids.....i could sold my 20 ga single shot for 50 bucks...dad said i could to buy a new turkey gun....but it was my first gun....i dont want to.....it will be my kids first gun.....then my 22.....i cant wait to have kids......it will be great to pass it on......everything my dad passed to me...and my guns and everything......my time will come.......im growing up too quickly.....i remember when my uncle got his liscense and that was about 8 years ago....i was wishing i could drive...now i do......man time flys...

Quick Reply: What will you do with your guns..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.