Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 A ride refused because of NRA sticker. >

A ride refused because of NRA sticker.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

A ride refused because of NRA sticker.

Old 04-16-2004, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A ride refused because of NRA sticker.

This incedent should have been a great oportunity to educate that lady
I've come to the conclusion that people like that aren't worth my time. I'd rather spend my time and energy taking several people shooting who are interested in shooting and might have never had the opportunity than waste my breath on one uneducated idiot. I simply don't have enough time, energy, or love in me to try to undo what a lifetime of societal bombardment of propaganda has done to one person, when I have friends who are budding gun enthusiasts begging me to take them to the range so they can shoot my new 1911.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

On the other hand, I've yet to see a conservative throw a rock through a car window because it has a greenpeace or Peta bumpersticker on it.

But, as always, good judgement got the better of me and I went about my business
Driftrider: you've proved my point exactly. Most mainstream people (including liberals) have respect for other's property. Its the leftwing radicals who hate property yet are the first to have their hands out begging for handouts.[:@]
Old 04-16-2004, 11:14 PM

I bet she would love that.[8D]
ORIGINAL: cwhitenton

I noticed last holiday season that the NRAstore carried a nice line of Christmas cards, you ought to sent her one next year.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Most of you guys are missing something here. The NRA sticker did just what it was supposed to do. It is made to spark a response. If I see a sticker on one of the guys cars that I work with we strike up conversation about hunting , etc.

This incedent should have been a great oportunity to educate that lady. You could ask her what is was that offends her about the NRA. Then politly talk to her and enlighten her to the truth. Jumping on her or insulting her would have only cemented her arguments about the NRA in her own mind.

We need to be prepared for something like this and above all.........put bigger stickers on our cars.
Very good point there.

My wife experianced something similar to this. She works retail and in striking up conversation with a lady that was waiting on her husband the topic of me being in gunsmithing school came up and from what my wife said she got really offended about me being a gunsmith and almost left the store. Oh how I would have loved to be there at that moment.

To make a long conversation short:
First thing I always ask is "Have you ever shot a gun?" Usually the answer is no and then I ask them how is it possible that they can have that opinion about guns if they have never taken the time to actually be educated and taught about proper gun handling and shooting. I then ask them when was the last time that they actually saw or heard of any gun getting up on its own loading itself and then pulling its own trigger and killing someone. The answer is always never and I then ask how could it be the gun that is the bad one here and make it very clear that it's the people behind the guns that are the responsible parties of accidental and intentional killings.

Basically I just try to make them actually think about what they are choosing to believe about the so called "bad" guns.

We need to be prepared for something like this and above all.........put bigger stickers on our cars.
I got two, a sticker in the front and the back.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:49 AM
Host of Hosts

SAVE GAS!!! Put a sticker on the old broads car! Then she won't do any driving and prbably make the roads safer in the process. IDIOT!
Old 04-17-2004, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

People are swayed by the media. And the media shows hundreds of shootings a year. If the media showed every drunk driver that killed someone else on the highway there would be anti alcohol stickers everywhere. The media sucks point blank.

People learn from what they are showed and taught. We as gun owners need to instruct and teach people about safety and responsibility of gun ownership. All they see is some trashy person on the news killing people. Theres alot more to it than what they see. Be helpful to our gun rights and explain things to those people don't go calling them idiots.
Old 04-17-2004, 12:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: WThunter My wife and a couple of other people from her work were going to lunch and they were going to take my wife's car. One of the ladies saw our NRA sticker on the window and refused to ride in her car. When my wife told me about that I thought she was joking. I told her if that is how she felt I didn't want her in our car in the first place. Has anyone ever experience anything like that before?
No, but it doesn't surprise me at all! I have heard of some school boards, in their zeal to be "politically correct", have refused to use the Eddie Eagle firearms safety training program because it came from the NRA! Guess they place political correctness above the lives of their children!! The stupid S.O.B.'s!!
Old 04-17-2004, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Aint it funny how liberals claim to have the big tent, of having open minds, and open to diversity are actually the most bigoted, closed mined, and hateful people you ever meet when it comes down to brass tacks?
How can your mind be open, if you don't have one to begin with??
Old 04-18-2004, 08:10 AM

SEE, the sticker works,but not to one persons thought,it to bad she didn't realise that that sticker was for her atvantage.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:25 PM

I agree with Big Bulls 100 persent and one way to look at it she wont ever ask for a ride from you so you wont be botherd by here

Quick Reply: A ride refused because of NRA sticker.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.