Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tikka

Old 03-31-2004, 08:14 AM

Default Tikka

Considering a Tikka T3 in 300WSM for my next purchase. Knowledge is very limited to reading materials on the Tikka line, so was hoping to get some feedback from experienced users. I'm looking at the Stainless model. Any feedback on these firearms would be a great help in making my final decision...

7mmUltramag
Old 03-31-2004, 08:19 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Tikka

So far I have seen 3 shot, and read reports on 3 more in mags. The one I shot was a 7mmRem Mag. Was not impressed with the 2.3" groups. It was factory remington ammo, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. The two more are from friends of mine at my gunrange. Both had disappointing results with factory ammo. One was a 223. He has finally found a 1" load for it.

American rifleman had a bad writeup on accuracy in my opinion on the T3. I don't think it is near the gun the whitetail or Contenintal was.

I was going to buy one when they came out. I chipped in the extra 100 dollars and got a Abolt 270Win. Alot more gun in my opinion that shoots a whole lot better.

Old 03-31-2004, 08:49 AM

I got a tikka t-3 light in 300wsm blk/syn as a early x-mas present . I love this rifle it has the best out of the box trigger and one of the smoothest actions I have ever owned. I have never fired factory ammo in it so I cant help you there But with 165 gr Nosler Ballistic tips it keeps them under 1" all day long. I am very happy with this rifle. It was 465.00 ( found the reciet) when I got it last fall and can be odered at wal-mart
Old 03-31-2004, 01:55 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-31-2004, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love mine and would recommend a Tikka above all others based on price, accuracy, smooth-feed, and fit & finish (or should I say finnish?)

Use the search feature at the bottom for Tikka and you should be able to find lots of reviews here. Almost all will praise them.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my "All Weather Master" in 308, but I have no experience with the T3, and have read some comments that Tikka has taken a step backwards with this model.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have fired one t-3 in 300wsm and one in 25-06 and both easily shot under 1" with handloads.I have never fired one with factory loads.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't like the "one size fits all" bolt and magazine! If you are going for a short action, this would very much defeat the purpose!
Old 04-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan
I don't like the "one size fits all" bolt and magazine! If you are going for a short action, this would very much defeat the purpose!
Yes, I really hope Tikka goes away from this cost-cutting move. The rifle itself is still a great gun at a great price IMHO. Really one everyone should look at before deciding.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:16 PM

Got a Whitetail Hunter in 7 Rem Mag. and it's awesome! It's a shooter. No experience with the T3.

Quick Reply: Tikka

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.