Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Which gun would you grab? >

Which gun would you grab?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which gun would you grab?

Old 03-18-2004, 11:40 PM

Default Which gun would you grab?

We're always getting questions or polls on which gun for this and which gun for that. In honor of the remake of the horror classis Dawn of the Dead, here's a little tounge in cheek poll for ya!

The zombie army has arisen! Zombies are roaming the streets and making life in your town impossible. Which gun would you grab? Remember, zombies gotta be shot in the head to stop 'em!

I'd snatch up the Remington 870 and tuck the 9mm pistol in my belt. First chance I got I'd cut down the barrel to a more manageable close-range weapon size. It'd be a shame since it's a Wingmaster but what can you do. Fall of civilization and all that.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Which gun would you grab?

I'd grab my Winchester 1300 with it's 18.5 inch barrel. Loaded up with the Aguila mini buck shot shells (7 pellets of 4 buck and 4 pellets of 1 buck) for more shots per loading and more shells that I can carry (a back pack full).
Old 03-19-2004, 12:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Under the circumstances I would steal my buddies 12 gauge ,12 shot rotary magazine (destructive device ) shotgun. You used to be able to buy them or a street sweeper over the counter in Ca .
Old 03-19-2004, 02:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Easy.
Grab my M1 and as many clips as I can carry.
Fix bayonet.
Grab the 1911 for backup.
Old 03-19-2004, 03:16 AM

i would have to say a shotgun would be the best bet. maybe with some 00 or 4 shot
Old 03-19-2004, 04:20 AM
Typical Buck

the ruger 22/45 with about 40 clips. Carry tons of ammo and take em out fast.

Now this would be different if all the animals I have taken awakened from the dead and came after me. I'd have to call for back up. lol
Old 03-19-2004, 06:06 AM

Hi CalNewbie,

Haven't seen the remake of the classic, but saw the original years ago. One thing I remember was the sheer numbers of zombies, (also if they were further than arm and teeth distance, they were not a threat, zombies weren't real smart). And as much as I like a shotgun for close range defense, I'm afraid you'd be limited to carrying no more than 100-200 shells. And even that would not be light.

Of the current guns I own it would either be the Ruger 10/22 (a .22 to the brain is as effective as anything else) which would enable me to pack probably 1000 rounds. (If I took the 10/22 I'd probably carry a heavier centerfire pistol. Maybe a large capacity 9mm.) Or if the .22 were lacking, then my Ruger PC4GR would get the nod. It also having a ten round magazine chambered for .40 S&W would certainly do the job. Of course the other advantages being the ammo, while heavier than .22LR, is considerably lighter and less bulky than shotgun ammo. And an even bigger advantage is I'd also grab my Ruger P94 chambered for .40 S&W. The carbine and the pistol use the same magazines. A very big advantage when things get tense!

Whoever my "partner" was, probably my wife, would get an SKS with plenty of preloaded stripper clips. And whatever large capacity handgun they chose to grab. Maybe we'd even stuff a little Kel-Tec in the pocket. At 6.6 to 7.2 ounces (.32ACP or .380ACP, but both are 10 ounces loaded) they'd add very little to the carry weight.

Okay, okay, you said one! But you know how gun people are. One is never enough! Besides, who'd enforce the "one rule"? I have a feeling BATFE would have other business on their minds!

Dave
Old 03-19-2004, 06:14 AM

the gun i would pick would be the 300mm magnum bolt action rifle with the best scope and optics
Old 03-19-2004, 06:18 AM
Typical Buck

12 gauge with 00 buck, throw the lazer dot on it and go hunting.
Old 03-19-2004, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

The AR would be the 1st I'd grab. If a 22lr is enough to blow up the head of a zombie then the 22/45 would be the backup pistol, otherwise its the beretta in 40 S&W.

Quick Reply: Which gun would you grab?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.