Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 270win or wsm? >

270win or wsm?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

270win or wsm?

Old 02-18-2004, 03:46 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: 270win or wsm?

Man, I want a 270WSM so bad it hurts. I am getting tired of reloading for people. Had my hands on a 7mmWSM last night. But wasn't the exact gun I wanted.

Old 02-18-2004, 03:50 PM

Hi Todd1700,

Hey guy......don't apologize for "causing a ruckuss".........we, er...I mean these guys thrive on that kind of stuff!

Dave
Old 02-18-2004, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, I want a 270WSM so bad it hurts. I am getting tired of reloading for people. Had my hands on a 7mmWSM last night. But wasn't the exact gun I wanted.
What shortmag chambered rifle are you wanting? I would like to fondle one of the laminates but there a bit higher than the featherweights. Wal-mart has had a super shadow 7wsm for ever, almost thought of buying it myself but theres not a big enough difrence in the 270 and 7mm for me to own both.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont like the wsm
Old 02-18-2004, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont like the wsm
Your are entitled to your opinion and I respect that but do you mind telling us why you dont like the wsm?
Old 02-18-2004, 07:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

I may be wrong but to my notion the line of Short and super short magnums is just going to snow ball. I think every cartridge out there will have a short version before long. What bugs they have will be worked out and I see a bright future for them. But then I would have bet the farm that clinton would not be elected twice let alone once. So as you can see, I have been wrong before. I will give a report on the new rifle as soon as the weather warms a little. Man its been cold in ND. Don't get me wrong I love the old 270 but I been there and done that and I have a 280 to fall back on.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:40 AM
bigcountry

Treedog, I want a maybe a stainless classic Mod 70 or most likely a A-bolt in 270WSM. The one I saw day before yesterday was a 7mmWSM. I sure as crap don't need it but have found good loads for all my guns, and want something to play with in the spring.

I have
270Win
300RUM
308Win
30-06
243win

I think I got the .30's covered and should take any animal I need to with those down to a coyote. My 270win is 7400 that I have had for over 17 years. Good rifle to beat around in the thick stuff and sentimental value, but wouldn't trust on a good pronghorn, mulie, elk hunt. My 243 is a cheap old Mauser 98 from WWII. Needs alot of work. My 308 is just too pretty to take on a week long elk hunt in possible downpours. Learned my lesson when a mod 70 swelled up so bad, the gun was 8" off during a week hunt. But does wonders for those nice days deer hunting. So I was figured, a 270WSM or maybe 7mmWSM would be just the ticket.

Old 02-19-2004, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

Get whichever rifle you like. The the difference in its chambering between those two will never be known by man or beast alike.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Big Country. Sound like you justified the need pretty well. I have a couple books full of justifications and my wife has heard all of them twice at least. I don't think she believes any of them but after 36 years she just shakes her head and makes room in the gun closet. She will only shoot her 250 savage for deer and the 22 rifles and pistols for small game. I talked her into shooting an old 7 Mag that I had and she was mad at me for a week. It did save her from getting mad about something else though.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:35 AM
bigcountry

You know, my life has took a significant change since the wife took a hike. Some good, some bad. I remember scheming to be able to buy a gun or scope. I would have to plant the seed first, slowly cultivate it, and then be able to buy what i wanted. but now, I am out of control. I buy and trade, and sell guns like a dealer in the past few years.

I really want that Kimber8400, but Oldelk, kinda got me scared to get it. I didn't know of the bad reports. I held one at cabelas, the bolt was a little rough. but I couldn't get past that nice piece of lumber on it.

Quick Reply: 270win or wsm?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.