Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

scopes

Old 02-12-2004, 04:12 AM

Default scopes

what is the next best scope out there besides the vari-X-III ?
Old 02-12-2004, 11:12 AM

Default RE: scopes

Leupold would say the Vari-xII The Bushnell Elites are excellent scopes as well. I actually buy them instead of Leupolds now. I still pick a Leupold when I need extended eye relief though.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Quilly, you might want to look at the new VXIII when enough of them are out there....if they are as good as people say they should have been brought out a long time ago...
Old 02-25-2004, 12:29 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-25-2004, 03:27 PM
bigcountry

Have to admit, I am quite impressed with the Kahles, and Ziess conquest line. They maybe a tad clearer in some instances. One thing I noticed is when people compare scopes they don't adjust the focus to thier eyes. Had friend who swore the Ziess was so much clearer. Went down to Bass Pro, and looked thru them both. He was right, but after adjusting the Leupold and the Ziess, he couldn't tell any difference.

Old 02-25-2004, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had a VX III 3.5-10x40 for about 2 weeks now. It's a nice scope, as Leupolds generally are. However, I have compared it to my two Zeiss Conquests (3-9 and 4.5-14) and I feel the Conquests provide a slightly better view. I'm not talking about brightness because I haven't compared them in low light yet. What I'm talking about is sharpness I guess. It's just easier to make out details with the two Conquests and believe me, I've focused the VX III every way it can be focused. The difference isn't dramatic or anything, but to my eyes there is a difference. Also, I like the Zeiss Z-Plex reticle better than the Leupold Duplex reticle.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:49 AM
Typical Buck

Look to the Bushnell 4200 Elite. The optics are great crisp & clear. I also own Leupold's. The only disadvantage to the Bushnell is it has less eye relief than the Leupold. Otherwise, I believe they are very close to equal. The Bushnell will be cheaper.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:50 AM

Nikon Monarch, Bushnell Elite 4200 and Weaver Grand Slam!

Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
Old 02-27-2004, 08:51 AM

Sightron SII and looks they have an SIII out now as well.
Burris Signature
Bushnell 4200
All have excellent optics.

The only real advantages Leupold has is eye relief and light weight going for them. Their vari xIII optics are not noticeably better than the others and are surpassed by a few.

Check out the long range hunting website. They discuss many other brands of European scopes that are very nice scopes but are not well publicised with some interesting reticle options.
Old 02-28-2004, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm pretty impressed with the Zeiss Conquest scopes. Priced about the same as the Leupold Vari-X III looking through them I think they are a little brighter and clearer.

Quick Reply: scopes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.