Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
New gun to train the kids >

New gun to train the kids

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New gun to train the kids

Old 02-11-2002, 11:12 PM

Default New gun to train the kids

Anyone have experience with New England Firearms? I am looking at buying a 22/410 versa pack youth model. Its a single shot with a .22lr and a .410 shotgun barrel ( separate barrels interchangeable ) The shop wants $145 for it, any one think this is a good or a bad gun please post your thoughts.
Old 02-12-2002, 02:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New gun to train the kids

the 22lr sounds okay , but a 410 is not a good round to start kids on . Don't they make it in a 20 ga.
Old 02-12-2002, 10:24 AM

I'M WITH HALCON ON THIS ONE. .410 SHELLS ARE KINDA REDICULOUSLY PRICED.

CERTIFIED GUN NUT--
Old 02-12-2002, 10:02 PM

Greets,
Ok, thanks. dont have any experience with the .410 at all, I always figured it too light anyway. As for the ?? of barrels, no unfortunately the set comes only in .22 / .410. But the same model gun is sold in .20gauge. I think I will have to ask the gunsmith about it, if I can get the .22 only version then buy a second barrel in 20ga that may be the way to go.
Old 02-12-2002, 10:37 PM

My son had saved his money and wanted a gun.i thought a .410 was a good choice for a 11 y/o to small game hunt with. i got him a new england firearms single shot. we went to walmart to get him some ammo and i was shocked at the price. 20 ga were much cheaper. now what do i tell my son who did his hunter ed and passed. saved his money to get his first gun he bought himself.' ammos high son lets trade that sucker for a 20 ga. " i think i am going to find a youth 870 and help him out on a trade. go with a 20.i dont think theres anything wrong with a .410, recoil is light and will pop them tree rats, but it costs to go out and shoot it.