HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Can't find any rem. core lokt were can i find them (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/5231-cant-find-any-rem-core-lokt-were-can-i-find-them.html)

DREW the NUT 02-11-2002 06:41 PM

Can't find any rem. core lokt were can i find them

I was told that was a good bullt to shoot out of my 30-30 which i experimented shooting around with diffrent types of ammo this past fall and i was wondering if there was a site i could check out or could anyone point me in the right direction to get some

Ruger-Redhawk 02-11-2002 06:48 PM

RE: Can't find any rem. core lokt were can i find them

Drew I bought some for my 270 @ Wal*mart. Check with them. Or go to www.remington.com I don't know if the make them for the 30/30 but you can ask. Ruger Redhawk

eyeballjr 02-11-2002 07:44 PM

if you want just the bullets look at www.midwayusa.com You should be able to get loaded bullets about anywhere they are pretty common

BrandonT 02-11-2002 07:46 PM

I use the exact same thing in my 30-30. Got my first box at a store in some small town- 170 grain core-lokts. But wal-mart should carry 30-30 core lokts or a local gunstore might have them. If not, see if remington.com will help you any.

BrandonT

Nomercy 02-11-2002 08:42 PM

I buy remington core-lokt in .30-06, .270, .308, and 7.62x39 at Smoky Valley Shooting Sports in Lindsborg, KS, but I don't know that that will help you much, I'd just check out www.remington.com if I were you.

DREW the NUT 02-11-2002 09:19 PM

wha kind hollow, soft what 150 170grain

Hk45USP 02-12-2002 12:41 AM

Drew, the core lokts are found at just about every major retailer that sells guns/ammo. core lokts are "bottom of the barrel" as far a premium hunting ammo goes. Therefore, just about every Wal Mart, K-mart, Big-5, etc (chain sports stores etc....) sell core-lokts.

bigcountry 02-12-2002 03:39 PM

Drew, you are kinda hard to understand from your post. From what I get out of your post is, you don't know where to buy any? Or what are good handloads with a 30-30 and corelokts. They are about the most popular rifle bullets sold, so if your local gun store or Walmart don't carry them, then go to cabelas web site, graf and sons. That should answer all your questions with a research on your part.

PABuck_HNTR 02-12-2002 05:56 PM

Wal-Mart is by far the cheapest on 30-30 core lokt bullets $7.97 here in Pa.

DREW the NUT 02-12-2002 06:12 PM

Ok guys i found some,today at one of my local gun dealers he called me to tell me he got a shipment in. Next question, what kind of bullet do u like the best out of the core lokts the hollow points, soft points, boattails, 150 grain 175 what i was just seeing what worked for yall