Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 How many people carry a consealed weapon (gun) >

How many people carry a consealed weapon (gun)

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How many people carry a consealed weapon (gun)

Old 01-28-2004, 03:19 PM

Default RE: How many people carry a consealed weapon (gun)

Akbound, I was thinking about how i'm going to carry. Thanks again for responding.

The last couple of months ...Road Rage as gotten to me. I had a couple guys ride my bumper, so close I couldn't even see their bumper and I was going the speed limit. I turned lefted and they turn right on the same road. I was going to my folks house and I drove right by the house not wanting them know where I was going and not to bring them in on my folks. I drove down the road about a 1/2 mile and I could see they turned around also, I kinda got this sick feeling in my gut not knowing what they would do. Knowing that I didn't have a gun I thought if they came my way I was go to hit them with my truck because they were in a very small car. I watched as they sit at the stop sign a very long time before getting back on the road in the same direction they were going in the first place. As I thought about I thought maybe they weren't sure of where they were going...but I figured why were they so very close to my bumper for so long if they were trying to find where they were going.

The other time me and my wife were sitting at a red light and the truck behind us started blowing his horn. I told my wife what is that guy blowing his horn at. She said he probably knows you or knows someone else. He kept blowing so I wondered if the light had turned green it had not still red. Finally the light turn green and I started to go and he passed me so I glanced over at him thinking maybe I knew him, I didn't but you should have seen the RAGE on his face. As he got back over in my lane again he finally turned off and as we went by he gave me the finger so I gave it right back to him. I told my wife what did he excepted me to do run the red light. I hadn't done anthing to him.

I just don't want me or my family becoming a statistic!

I watched this show on tv based on a true story about this man driving his truck this this restaurant front window...then getting out with a couple of guns and started shooting up the place ...I believe killing at least 10 people. There was a lady sitting with her parents the was on the board of the NRA or a member having lunch I believe she one or both had been killed by this maniac She said that she had a CWP and she carried almost all the time ...but this time. She said she could have killed the gunman long berfore he killed so many people if she had only taken her gun with her that day.

It has been a while sense I had seen this program but I think I have most of it right. I also believe it was in Texas in the mid 80's or early 90's.

Thanks Ubub
Old 01-28-2004, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Danny how did u get your Concealed carry permit, Ive been wanting to get one sense i turned of age last year but im not sure how to look into it.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:58 PM

Hi again Ubub,

Particularly when either driving or riding in a motor vehicle....few holsters are easier to access than a good ankle holster, (I know......doesn't sound right....but sit in a vehicle and see), or a good cross draw. And there are a number of companies that make excellent holsters in either style.

For walk around comfort......for a medium to larger guns....few holsters are more comfortable than a belt...or shoulder holster. For smaller guns a good pocket holster can be very comfortable.

For most "suitable CCW handguns" a good inside the waistband offers good concealability, accessability, and reasonable comfort.

You will have to find what works best for.....and is most comfortable for you! Whatever you decide....insure you NEVER do anything that could be construed as escalating the situation. I've had people "flip me off" on the road....and I just ignore them....in a polite way when I am carrying. (Which is always.)

Once again....good luck with your decisions!
Old 01-28-2004, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

for what it's worth I have a carry permit (carry permits are less common than "regular" permits - depends on individual counties if you can even get one) I hardly ever carry mine. Just don't normally feel the need. Most the time I carry when hunting (sometimes concealed sometimes not). i got the caryy permit simply because it was an option and i figure if i'm going to have a pistol permit, might as well be able to carry concealed) I have a Fury shoulder holster for my Llama .45 and have several other pistols.

FYI check out my post on Northeast or Political formum on new proposed regs/fees in NY
Old 01-28-2004, 06:51 PM

I carry more now than I used to. HAd mine for two years. If in the "cities" I carry all the time. when in the "home area" I carry very little, but she's always in the car. Looking at the airweight S&W in 357/38 for a new lightweight carry. Using the Springfield XD40 now. I agree about the comments about stopping terrorists. Could really save alot of lives, not just my own and my families!
Old 01-28-2004, 06:57 PM

Danny how did u get your Concealed carry permit, Ive been wanting to get one sense i turned of age last year but im not sure how to look into it.
Yo treedog, what's up? First thing you need to do is contact the OSBI. You can do that online. Request a packet from them to get started. Then find a instructor. If there's not one near you, (look in the thrifty nickel paper), you can get the classroom and range part both done at Tulsa Firearms. I'm not sure of their fees. Once you're done with that, you have to take your paperwork to the Sheriff's Office where you live and have them fingerprint you, etc. They'll probably keep your paperwork to send in to the OSBI. So you need to check with them and see if they'll take your picture and fingerprint you and if there's any fees before you go there. If they won't, you'll need to get a passport type photo and fingerprints done and take in with you.

Then all you do is wait forever to get it back. (I hope I didn't miss a step, but if I did, the info in the packet from the OSBI will explain it all).

When you say "turned of age", you do know that you have to be 23 (not 21) to get the permit don't you?
Old 01-31-2004, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

Not yet but I will be getting one here shortly. Ohio just passed a conceal carry law and I want them to work out all of the flaws out of the system before I apply for a permit.

Matt
Old 01-31-2004, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Kyhuntsman that Ohio finally passed the Conceal Carry bill.Almost every year I go up to Cincinnati.Every state I travel through honors my permit except Ohio.Hopefully they will honors other states like most do.Then when I go to Illinois ,well that's another story in itself.There's no hope of them honoring any states CCW's. I play hide the gun traveling through Illinois..LOL.Once again I'm glad Ohio finally got it together.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 01-31-2004, 09:16 PM
Typical Buck

Thats good news to me also. I live in Ky, but travel to Franklin OH to visit my uncle quite often and it'll be nice to know that I'm finally packing legally. That is if OH will honor my permit.
Old 01-31-2004, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

When you say "turned of age", you do know that you have to be 23 (not 21) to get the permit don't you?
No I assumed sense you had to be 21 to buy pistol ammo that was the age you can get the permit. I guess it'll be next January till i can take it. Thanks for the info[8D]

Quick Reply: How many people carry a consealed weapon (gun)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.