HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Burris signature rings...any problems? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/50092-burris-signature-rings-any-problems.html)

Back40 01-20-2004 08:35 AM

Burris signature rings...any problems?

I am seriously considering going with burris signature rings for my A Bolt since I have never lapped rings but recently saw a thread on a problem with scope movement with these rings. Has anyone else had this problem?

diyj98 01-20-2004 08:55 AM

RE: Burris signature rings...any problems?

I've used the rings on several rifles and haven't ever had any problems. They are my prefered ring system.

Huntsalotey 01-20-2004 09:26 AM

Ive never heard the first bad thing about them. In hundreds of people I have heard from that uses them, they all praise them as the best thing to come out since the invention of the scope. Hope this helps.

bigcountry 01-20-2004 09:52 AM

I was having trouble with my long range shooting getting the most dynmic range out of my leupold. I needed 10MOA adjustment range to reach 800yards and I noticed I was bottoming out of the scopes adjustemtn and my adjustment wasn't centered anyway. so I started using the Burris rings with the offsets. Just the trick I needed. I haven't had any trouble out of my 300RUM so they can handle recoil well.

diyj98 01-20-2004 11:20 AM

Sorry to jump off topic, but...

Huntsalotey, I grew up in Beckley,WV! I don't suppose you made the gunshow there this weekend? I made a pass through Saturday, but it was the same old overpriced junk as usual.

Huntsalotey 01-20-2004 03:05 PM

No I was not able to make the show. I came down with a stomache virus that had me nailed to the couch for 2 days. I would have still loved to have looked at that same ole high priced junk though. good shooting.

Mark whiz 01-20-2004 04:30 PM

I Love my Burris rings .................
Have 'em on two rifles and they are rock steady. :D

CalNewbie 01-21-2004 07:04 PM

I'm not a fan. I've heard nothing but good things about them but wasn't satisfied with my installation. I perfer rings that let me use alignment rods. The inserts let the alignment rods move around too much for that to be practical.

While my installation looked as if they were parallel to each other they were off center to the barrel. Tried them out and my shots were so far to the left that I maxed out my windage adjustment and still had two inches to go. I could have monkeyed around with the offset inserts but decided to can the whole thing and use Leupold Dual Dovetail bases. A trip to the range and I quickly found my zero.

bigcountry 01-26-2004 07:46 AM

Well, I spoke too soon bragging on these rings. I had my burris rings come loose on me this weekend on my 300RUM. I have never in a decade have that happen on my leupold rings. I know the torx screws are a tad different from Leupold and Burris. I guess I have to go back and degrease and put more locktight blue on and keep an eye out.