Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Best time to buy a rifle >

Best time to buy a rifle

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Best time to buy a rifle

Old 01-01-2002, 01:42 PM
Spike

Default Best time to buy a rifle

Giving your experiences, when is the best time to purchase a rifle. Around here the prices seem to stay the same both during and after hunting season. Is it different in your area?
Old 01-01-2002, 02:12 PM

Default RE: Best time to buy a rifle

About Feb the prices don't go down but it is easy to talk them down. Find the gun you want a make em a offer.
Old 01-01-2002, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's not a bad time right after Christams. A lot of shops get stuck with guns they thought they'd sell...and if they sell them before Jan 1, the guns are NOT included in their inventory...
Old 01-01-2002, 05:05 PM

I've found that if the last hunting season in an area has ended before Christmas, the best time is before Christmas. Otherwise right after the holidays. If a bunch of new models come out in the spring, just like cars, the dealers are getting rid of the old models.
Old 01-01-2002, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Early in the new year the new stock starts arriving and the dealers want to clear out existing stock.They are much easier to deal with at this time.
Old 01-02-2002, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

when you have the cash in your pocket.
really i have a friend who runs a pawn shop and from first of the year till a month before hunting season is open again his racks are almost full but the stock changes quite abit i usually stop in once or twice a week time permitting to see what new guns he has in and pawn brokers usually are willing to deal somwhat
Old 01-02-2002, 08:34 AM
Spike

watamakeres gun shows around here in oklahoma come in april and oct. the best deals i have found are in apirl. on aveage you can save anywhere form 25 to 100 dollars in april
Old 06-21-2015, 03:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Lots of used guns end up on the shelves right after deer season ends in my area.
Gun shop has to pay taxes on the inventory so most will reduce the price considerably if you talk to them before the first of the year.

Al
Old 06-21-2015, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

I think any time you have the extra cash around is a good time to buy an extra firearm. Never can have to many firearms. Usually I find around the end of April /beginning of May . Most stores are trying to unload old stock to make room for new model year coming in.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

Seems like the big sporting stores put guns on sale that are seasonally comin into season or ones that they have a lot of on hand they want to unload.Seems like a lot of local shops hold steady on their prices.

Quick Reply: Best time to buy a rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.