HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Browning A Bolt owners...feedback wanted (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/48006-browning-bolt-owners-feedback-wanted.html)

Back40 01-02-2004 05:48 AM

Browning A Bolt owners...feedback wanted

Looking for any negative feedback on A Bolts. Considering purchasing an left hand A bolt Stainless Stalker in .270 for deerhunting. Decided on the A bolt over the Tikka because Tikka didn't offer a synthetic in left hand. I have searched this forum for feedback on the A bolts and have seen the complexity of the bolt mentioned. Has anyone actually had any negative experiences due to the bolt design? Thanks for the feedback. Back40

mtair 01-02-2004 06:05 AM

RE: Browning A Bolt owners...feedback wanted

i have an a bolt right hand action in .243 no problems thus far.

theoutdoorwizard 01-02-2004 06:56 AM

I have a Browning A-Bolt Hunter in a .270 and a Stainless Steel Stacker in a .243. I love them both, but I tend to use the SS Stacker more due to the lighter weight. Love the bolt too.

Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com
[email protected]

338 01-02-2004 07:01 AM

I have 3 with no problems ..Bill

ISHOOTSHARPSTIX 01-02-2004 07:24 AM

Have 30-06 and a 25-06 A-Bolts, both with BOSS. Excellent weapon, no problems whatsoever. You cannot go wrong and will be thrilled with the performance.

James B 01-02-2004 07:48 AM

Same here on all counts.

bigcountry 01-02-2004 07:59 AM

A-Bolts are excellent. Only gun I have ever bought and didn't have to take to a gunsmith.

Things I wish they would change. But it won't hinder my purchase.
1. Different safety would be nice
2. Bet they would sell more if they would move thier operations to US. I know I wouldn't have waited so long.
3. A smoother shaped action other than that octigonal look would be nice.

Postives
1. Most accurate gun out of the box I ever got.
2. Trigger set perfect right out of the box.
3. Decent piece of lumber on it.
4. Barrel freefloated and fitted very nice right out of the box.

stubblejumper 01-02-2004 08:51 AM

I owned one in 7mmremmag but sold it.I hated the detatchable mag system where the floorplate has to be dropped and the magazine snapped on an off the floorplate to load and unload the gun.I also din't like the tang safety.The main reason though that I sold it was because of the boss system that took more rounds fired to adjust than it takes me to develop a handload.It also came loose resulting in a change of point of impact.

GordonGekko 01-02-2004 10:39 AM

Well if you're looking for problems I can't help you. Mine has been great so far. I don't own one with the BOSS and don't imagine I ever will, so I can't speak for that. As for the floorplate and mag I just load mine through the top (like you would on a gun with no floorplate) and at the end of the hunt, I drop the floor plate cycle the bolt and push all of the bullets out of the mag by hand, never taking the mag out. I still like the floorplate on my model 700 better, but this one is o.k.

Gordon

skeeter 7MM 01-02-2004 11:52 AM

I have owned 2 and currently own the same one your looking to buy(lh and all) both have been great and shot very well. They both are goo rifles, the finished (lh) product from browning is much nicer IMO than Tikka.