Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Browning A Bolt owners...feedback wanted >

Browning A Bolt owners...feedback wanted

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning A Bolt owners...feedback wanted

Old 01-02-2004, 02:43 PM

Default RE: Browning A Bolt owners...feedback wanted

A-bolts are great guns. Never had a problem with them, very accurate out of the box, decent trigger, and I love the tang safety and the magazine arrangment.

I've had two and had to sell them due to family problems otherwise I'd have kept one of them. .270 was awesome, 300 win mag kicked too much for my liking since I shoot a lot at the bench.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:26 PM

I only own one A-bolt, without BOSS. It quickly turned into my favorite rifle. No problems with the bolt itself or anything else. My next bolt action purchase will be Browning again. I've never been sold on the BOSS plus IMO the darn thing is ugly.
Old 01-02-2004, 04:29 PM

I have a Stainless Stalker in .270 Win. that I use for deer hunting. I've had it for about 10 years now and never had a problem with it. Very accurate, good looking gun IMO. It doesn't have the BOSS system on it. I can't think of anything I don't like about it!
Old 01-03-2004, 03:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have a a bolt in .270 wsm and find it to be accurate and fun to shoot no problems at all
Old 01-03-2004, 05:56 AM

i have a a-bolt medallion in 30-06sprg. love mine. get 1.080" at 100yds. using federal seirra gameking's.only ammo i have tried in it.so it might even get better groups.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:04 AM

I have a cousin who comes here to the farm each year to hunt deer, then we go to NM to hunt elk. He has one rifle, a Browning a-bolt 7mag. He uses win supreme bullets, and kills both deer and elk with one shot. His gun is blued with a synthetic stock. Nothing fancy, but very effective. This past Nov he killed an elk a 283yards, one shot through the lungs. I have never owned an a-bolt, but based on his rifle, they are great guns.
Good Hunting,
Hal
Old 01-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

I like my a-bolt Medallion in every way, except the rear sight.
Mine is a 375 H&H with sights. The rifle is so beutiful and then they stick an ugly cheap looking Williams sight on it.
They could have used a Win 70 rear sight, or something similar and made it look like it belongs there.
Since yours won't have iron sights I don't think you will be disappointed.IMO
Old 01-05-2004, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry Back 40, I'm not going to be much help either. I think you might be looking for the "old needle in the haystack". While any gun or anything for that matter can have problems. I'm sure you will be hard pressed to find someone(Knowledgeable) with a whole lot of negatives about the A-bolt.
They have a pretty smooth action. Thus largely due to the fact that the bolt has flat spots machined on it. You will come to appericate the short bolt throw of 60 degrees.
I have one chambered in .308Win. without the boss. It's a great shooting and functioning gun. Quality is also very good with tight wood to metal seams.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

The Abolt is very accurate right out of the box and the trigger is great. I only have two bad things to say about mine.
1. If the BOSS is loose your POI will be off.
2. Its made in Japan. That really stinks.

Other than those I love mine. I have said before it is the best gun I have shot.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an A-bolt with synthetic stock in 7mm-08. No problems here. 1 inch groups straight out of the box with factory ammo. I don't have the boss system so I can't comment on that but I love it and would buy another one.

Quick Reply: Browning A Bolt owners...feedback wanted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.