Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Nikon vs. Leupold >

Nikon vs. Leupold

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Nikon vs. Leupold

Old 12-28-2003, 09:03 AM

Default RE: Nikon vs. Leupold

Yah, nikons customer service isnt the greatest out there.Ive been trying to get a scopecap turret for about 2 months now and i havent heard hide nor hair of it , its starting to make me mad too.
Old 12-28-2003, 02:26 PM
Spike

I have had Leupold,Burris and Nikon.On the second day of gun season this year I dropped my new VarXIII 3.5x10x50 from about 40' up a tree.The fall bent the tube,I sent it to Leupold and they had it back within two weeks and only charged me $93 to repair my mistake.I have had two Burris sent back for warrenty work,both in their first year,and it took over a month to get them back,both were new Signature's.I have but one Nikon so far so good.My vote would be for the Leupold because of customer service.I like all three for hunting but when you spend $400-$600 for a scope you expect good customer service.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:45 PM

Both are great scopes, leupold rules the american market, holding about 25% of shares. That says something. Great scopes great warranty. One big thing. Leupold are made in the good ole USA in oregon. Nikon-Japan I love nikon cameras, and Im very impressed with their scopes, especially the monarchs, monarch golds, and titaniums, but I'll stick with leupold.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:42 PM

I would go with leupold. while i don't own a nikon i have friends that do and i would still take the leupold. i have a few burris scope and probably won't buy anymore . the only other scope i may try is a sightron.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nikon Monarch is the scope I'd go with. It has amazingly bright, clear optics. And Nikon stands 100% behind their scopes, no questions asked.
Old 01-01-2004, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've had poor customer service from Nikon. Bought binos from them and they fogged. Sent them back...they still fog.
Old 01-02-2004, 06:59 AM

I also go with the Nikon Monarch or the Monarch Gold. I think they are a much better buy for the money than the Leupolds. As for customer service, I have not had any problems, yet. They have sent items back in a reasonable time.

Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com
[email protected]
Old 01-02-2004, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Leupys are great and I think they are eliminating their Vari-XIII line. I recently got a circular from midway 25% off, so if the price is an issue you can go with one for significantly less.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Leupold has never let me down...
Old 01-03-2004, 03:06 PM

another good plus for the leupold's i have found that there is a licensed company out of either N.C. or S.C. that can change out the luepold reticles under leupold lifetime warranty. i have one of mine changed out and have had no problems ...

www.premierreticles.com

Quick Reply: Nikon vs. Leupold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.