Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Rock solid base/ring setup for A Bolt? >

Rock solid base/ring setup for A Bolt?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Rock solid base/ring setup for A Bolt?

Old 12-16-2003, 09:28 AM

Default Rock solid base/ring setup for A Bolt?

Looking for a rock solid ring/base setup for the A Bolt that can handle the 7mmMag recoil. What about the dual dove tail setup by leupold(I think) or the one piece aluminum Talleys? Thanks!
Old 12-16-2003, 12:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Rock solid base/ring setup for A Bolt?

I have never had any problem with the turn in style leupold base and ring set but then I never had a problem with weaver bases or rings even on my 416 Remington Mag. I like the looks of the Warne rings and bases as well. Never tried the talley's yet. OOPS My 416 Rem Mag had Ruger rings.
Old 12-16-2003, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I too use the turn in style Leupold rings and bases and i've never had a problem with them.
Old 12-16-2003, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the Talleys mounted on my 7mm KS Mountain Rifle 7 rem mag and they are beautifully made .
Old 12-16-2003, 04:05 PM

I have the regular Leupold turn in style front ring and windage adjustable back ring setup on an A-Bolt and it's always been a reliable and solid system for me. But, the dual dovetail arrangement would undoubtedly be even more solid if you can get it in the correct height of rings for your application.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Guys you can throw those redfield type rotary mounts in the garbage as well as dual dovetails...Once you buy a set of Talleys you'll be spoiled forever.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I forgot to mention Conetrol rings and bases that is another great lightweight scope mounting option.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

Are the talleys steel or alum? .. And where can you see the conetrols on the net? ..Bill
Old 12-17-2003, 08:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Talleys are aluminum , you may know this already but the rings are the same used on ultralight arms rifles ie light rifles heavy calibers means scope slippagel. I am purchasing a set of their QD's for another rifle and they are a work of art as well. To find info on Conetrol here is their address www.conetrol.com . Beauty of the Conetrol is if the front and rear reciever screws are out of alignment you can actually line up the scope in that event and put no stress on the tube because it has front and rear windage... Nice mounts and they have the strongest gripping rings I have ever seen bar none not to mention beautiful and streamlined...
Old 12-17-2003, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

I have seen the conetrols before but was not aware of the name. I am interested in the talleys. They seem to be the same as the leupold riflemas series which are alum also ..Bill

Quick Reply: Rock solid base/ring setup for A Bolt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.