Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns
Legit? Not so sure.  Heads up. >

Legit? Not so sure. Heads up.

Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

Legit? Not so sure. Heads up.

Old 11-08-2021, 03:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Legit? Not so sure. Heads up.

Legit or not I'm not sure but I was in the market for an Encore and got a PM from Albert870 and he told me that Eric Garcia had one for sale ([email protected]). We did some negotiating and when it was time to pay him I told him I could send payment via PayPal and he wanted it sent via PayPal friends and family. I told him no because I got burned before. I will send PayPal and pay the fee just for the buyer protection. I got an excuse that it was his wife's account and that was the only way it could accept payment. I'm not sure but it may have been a phony deal so I said forget it. The guy could have been on the up and up but.......
The old saying "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Last edited by bronko22000; 11-10-2021 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-08-2021, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

Smart move Bronko . Its a phony . Same names you mentioned were trying to pull stunts exactly like you posted on 2 other sites . They were phonies . Same M O that their buddy has what you are looking for . Dont fall for any of it . Surprised they are stupid enough to use the same names . On one of their games they posted a pic of a gun that was for sale on GunsAmerica and another one from ArmsList . These characters had no posts on the site and yet were sending PM's to members that mentioned something they wanted to buy .

There should be a thread started to post any name thats trying to sell something through PM's to expose these creeps . Of course long standing trusted members would not fall under this category so PM away .
Old 11-08-2021, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

SportsmanNH, could you send me more info on these characters? Scammers don't belong on HNI.
Thanks,
Cal
Old 11-09-2021, 03:52 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by CalHunter
SportsmanNH, could you send me more info on these characters? Scammers don't belong on HNI.
Thanks,
Cal
Cal , I have been searching for those threads in the other forum since I saw your request . So far I'm coming out empty and I shouldn't be . Maybe the moderators on that site eliminated the thread ? I distincly remember those names even though it was at least 6 months ago . I remembered the same sequence happening with those names , Eric and Alberto . You just dont mistake Alberto and Eric for someone different . One member on that site brought the names out into the open forum . I believe Alberto might have used a different name than Alberto870 . Something like Alberto357 . This was on the HNY site . HuntingNY.com . I will keep looking . That site is a very active site and gets tons new threads and posts per day . Im going to send a PM to one of the members there that I believe brought the names out as a warning to everyone about what was going on behind the scenes . That site did an upgrade a couple months ago and some of the info got deleted when they changed the format . But I will keep looking .
Old 11-09-2021, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

That's OK. I checked HNI and we don't seem to have either one as a current or banned member.
Old 11-10-2021, 04:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by CalHunter
That's OK. I checked HNI and we don't seem to have either one as a current or banned member.
Cal : PM sent with names
Old 11-10-2021, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

PM sent back to you.
Old 11-29-2021, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

Beware of the next phony guys . Using the username " NelsonnMatt " on another site . He is working the same route claiming to have a double barrel black powder shotgun for sale.

Just joined the other site a few days ago , ZERO posts , and sending PM's to members behind the scene .

Last edited by SportsmanNH; 11-29-2021 at 03:28 PM.