Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
new AR lower >

new AR lower

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

new AR lower

Old 08-28-2021, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default new AR lower

OK guys just bought a new complete lower for 160 bucks, have a few but not sure what chambering I want, am torn between the 6.8 spc and a 17 of some form, help me out what are some unique chamberings?
Old 08-30-2021, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

6 ARC is a slick little round for the AR-15. Hard to complain about a 105-110grn bullet at 2700fps.

It’s pretty hard for me to get into sub-caliber AR’s any more; I’ve had 17 Rem, 20 practical, 204 Ruger, but I’ve moved off of the short to midrange “fast and flat” game and enjoy more shooting 6-6.8mm cartridges like the ARC, Grendel, or SPC. I wouldn’t build another 6.8 SPC for myself in 2021 and beyond, as market support has stagnated for the SPC and favor for the Grendel based cartridges has bloomed over top of the SPC in the last ~10yrs. But the 6ARC, 6.5 Grendel, and 6.8SPC are the three cartridges on my hot list which make sense for what I want to do with AR’s, and having a handful or handful of handfuls of AR’s in these 3 cartridges is kinda my groove.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

https://www.srcarms.com/conversion-kits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6cOpIVtNIE&t=2s

Ive always thought the 25 caliber on the 223 case was an obvious potential improvement/option