Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Gonna Break Out an Oldie >

Gonna Break Out an Oldie

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gonna Break Out an Oldie

Old 07-12-2021, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Gonna Break Out an Oldie

Gonna break out my grandfather's old Stevens Crackshot. He used it as a boy on the homestead ranch in Eastern CO for cottontails, jackrabbits and prairie chickens. I don't know exactly how old it is or how many rounds went through it but he was born in 1908. I would love to know some of the stories it could tell but Gramps died 3 weeks shy of his 100th birthday. Laid in a couple of boxes of shorts to play with and if it groups well (rifling still looks pretty good) I'll use it on a few cottontails here in TX.

Old 07-13-2021, 04:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Always nice to reminisce with a rifle with sentimental value. I often tried to get my hands on my grandfather's 94 but his eldest son had it. When he was getting on in age I asked to buy it off him but he refused. Really ticked me off because his son sold it for gambling money!
Old 07-13-2021, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Neat old gun, Flags. Enjoy!