Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Name any pre-2000 guns you dream of owning... >

Name any pre-2000 guns you dream of owning...

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Name any pre-2000 guns you dream of owning...

Old 06-29-2021, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

mrbb:

I'm on a budget for time and money to spend traveling all over creation. I do have the virtue of patience. Some person just emailed me today about a Colt Lawman he has for sale already from my Armslist WTB listing. I just emailed him or her back to ask him where he is located. There are a number of PAWN shops all over Lawton, Oklahoma and USED firearms is what they often deal in. I did see a Savage 99 listed at a dealer in Oklahoma City and saw the pictures of it on line later last year. I passed it up because of the holes drilled in the receiver for mounting a scope. If the markings were clean and all the gun needed was a re-blue, I might have spent a couple of hours for the round-trip to grab her otherwise. There are millions of Mossberg 500's all over the place and a pre-2000 one is bound to show up at a local pawn sooner or later.

I do have two late-model guns I'm trying sell right now as a matter of fact. Trading out is even possible.

Last edited by AlongCameJones; 06-29-2021 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-29-2021, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

I don't have anything that I need. Those bases are all covered for anything in north America.
My wants have been satisfied to. I bought and sold allot over the last ten years.

There's a few I want back again that I used and sold. But I'm in no hurry to buy them. I want a marlin .45-70 with a 22" barrel. I had an 18" inch one and loved it but wanted the longer barrel so the next one will have that.

I want another model 99 too. I've had a few .300 savages and a .375 Winchester. But sold them off. Eventually I'll get another .300sav.

I would like a classic bolt in .300 savage too. Maybe like a Remington 722 or something similar. Or a model 700 if I found a nice deal on one.

-Jake
Old 06-29-2021, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

I think the email about the Lawman sounds shady. I asked the emailer if he was in Lawton and if not, where is he? The responder said he was an "FFL dealer in the state of Oklahoma" and that he isn't in Lawton but it's not clear from his alphabet-soup email address who he is. I then replied asking for what city he is in. A legitimate dealer, I think, would have replied with his business name, telephone number and full street address.

I've just revised my Armslist WTB listing with the following to make it clear I don't want to drive all over creation:

The less miles I have to travel from Lawton to look at the firearm in person, the better for me, so a local seller is preferred.
Old 06-29-2021, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AlongCameJones
I think the email about the Lawman sounds shady. I asked the emailer if he was in Lawton and if not, where is he? The responder said he was an "FFL dealer in the state of Oklahoma" and that he isn't in Lawton but it's not clear from his alphabet-soup email address who he is. I then replied asking for what city he is in. A legitimate dealer, I think, would have replied with his business name, telephone number and full street address.

I've just revised my Armslist WTB listing with the following to make it clear I don't want to drive all over creation:

The less miles I have to travel from Lawton to look at the firearm in person, the better for me, so a local seller is preferred.
legally any handgun sale will have to happen thru a FFL holder, to transfer the gun from seller to new owner(and its NOT a bad idea to do so on long guns too, as it will at least provide you with a legal record of previous owner in case gun ends up being stolen(and there is NO way to check on that before buying)

so before you ever go look at any guns, plan ahead with WHERE you plan to transfer things
a simple transfer fee is many times money well spent for peace of mind seller is WHO they say they are as they will need to provide legal ID at time of transfer to FFL!
background check will ONLY happen on buyer, but at least again there will be an official record of previous owner transferring it to you

as I said, the more restrictions you place on sellers(distance and such) the smaller the pool of possible guns for sale

and keep in mind MANY online sellers with FFL's will allow an inspection before sale too, or the good one;'s do
so, having a GUN shipped to YOUR FFL of choice to inspect before committing to BUY it, can be an option and open a much larger pool of possible guns!
you will have to pay shipping costs most likely, but that isn;'t bad if your considering a possible BUY , as before you get to that point I would think you have seen many pictures making it out to be what you want and or darn close to things !
Old 06-29-2021, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

Here in Oklahoma, private sales of guns between non-FLL holders is legal without background checks. There is no such federal requirement either. If I sell a gun to a private individual I have then sign a bill of sale and have a valid DL number stating they are not prohibited from receiving a firearm and keep that in my records for my protection. I would never KNOWINGLY receive a stolen gun. In 2017, I bought a used Remington shotgun in Idaho from a private seller off Armslist. He had me sign the same sort of thing with a picture ID.

A private sales "loophole" still largely exists in America in many states still, not that I believe even just one NICS check ever saved one single innocent life. Virtually all guns involved in mass shootings passed background checks as they were transferred through FFLs.

https://giffords.org/lawcenter/state...s-in-oklahoma/

Last edited by AlongCameJones; 06-29-2021 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-30-2021, 03:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nonsense! Handgun sales must go through a FFL in all 50 states.
Old 06-30-2021, 05:04 AM
Fork Horn

Sources on this please?

Background Checks on All Gun Sales | Everytown | Everytown

Last edited by AlongCameJones; 06-30-2021 at 05:11 AM.
Old 06-30-2021, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Nonsense! Handgun sales must go through a FFL in all 50 states.

-Jake

Last edited by Bocajnala; 06-30-2021 at 06:19 AM.
Old 06-30-2021, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AlongCameJones

They are incorrect. Just because Pennsylvania requires it doesn't mean anything. I buy and sell privately in Ohio all the time. No FFL required.

-Jake
Old 06-30-2021, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

No FFL’s for private sales in Kansas. Person to person, private property is private, cash and carry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.