Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
My Savage .308 rifle at 2" high at 100 yards... >

My Savage .308 rifle at 2" high at 100 yards...

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

My Savage .308 rifle at 2" high at 100 yards...

Old 10-09-2020, 12:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank you... I learned a hard lesson about NOT posting up a target, because the so-called "Snipers" come out of the woodwork and pick it all apart, just because the groups don't touch each other at 100 yards. Not just this forum but other forums as well. I made a mistake, got angry over the comments, but have decided to move on and let it go.

I just try to do my best with what I got. A basic .308 deer rifle and that's about it. ...nothing fancy. Straight from the heart: I was so annoyed, all wigged out, etc... that I was going to contact Admin at HNI and have them totally get rid of 7,625 posts going all the way back to Feb of 2003, and finally delete my username account. Yes, *that's* how pi$$ed off I got...
Old 10-09-2020, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ButchA
Thank you... I learned a hard lesson about NOT posting up a target, because the so-called "Snipers" come out of the woodwork and pick it all apart, just because the groups don't touch each other at 100 yards. Not just this forum but other forums as well. I made a mistake, got angry over the comments, but have decided to move on and let it go.

I just try to do my best with what I got. A basic .308 deer rifle and that's about it. ...nothing fancy. Straight from the heart: I was so annoyed, all wigged out, etc... that I was going to contact Admin at HNI and have them totally get rid of 7,625 posts going all the way back to Feb of 2003, and finally delete my username account. Yes, *that's* how pi$$ed off I got...
Originally Posted by ButchA

well I am not really sure how you can come on here and NAME call folks , claiming some things that they never claimed to be!
WHO claimed to be a sniper?? I never did? WHO you calling one and WHY?

your the one that started a tread about how accurate you felt your rifle was and then stated a 1 inch group, when we showed you that wasn't so!
and then your MAD at US, for calling you out
and you even say this happened on other forums
ever think maybe its YOU that shouldn;t be so light thinned and be trying to claim something that isn;t true??
I never tried to make you feel bad or insult you in any way, but some times saying the truth gets some folks like you feathers ruffled over NOTHING
if your going to post something that isn;t true, what do you think others should JUST agree with you??
HOW would that help anyone!
no one would ever learn anything if they were never corrected when wrong!
and if you cannot handle folks responding to a post YOU made, maybe DON"T start them and not come back name calling cause your feelings got hurt!
even when folks like me, stated I wasn't trying to offend you, and STATED that your group was perfectly FINE for deer hunting!
NO bash or hate meant from me!
but ACCURATE group there NO, NOT even close ! not one to be bragging about anyhow!
I have had groups like that at 500+ yards, as well as smaller one's!
SO, ??
don 't be so soft thinned, life will not be so upsetting to you if you take the bad with the good, and just remember words on a screen are JUST that words on a screen, old saying, so many seem to have forgotten

" Sticks and stones can break my bones but NAMES will never hurt me"

LOL
but words on a screen will get replies, its HOW forums work, both good replies, BAD replies and everything in between!

and groups by MOST folks standards, mean 3 or 5 shots without making ANY adjustments, every time you make an adjustment, you start over with a group!
ONLY time you move /make adjustments and return them is wen your testing to see how accurate the adjustments are! how well it moves to claimed movements and so on!

a 3 shot group is 3 shots ina row from same rest same day same time in a row(or 5 shots or 10 or??)
just saying!

Last edited by mrbb; 10-09-2020 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-09-2020, 05:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well said mrbb. I'm at the age now and getting so annoyed at anyone that flips out and starts name calling an getting in your face because you disagree with them or prove them wrong and they get offended. This country is getting more and more people that are offended by the slightest thing. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. I will continue to call a spade a spade.
Old 10-09-2020, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh well, as they say, all good things must come to an end.

Bye everyone... Feb 2003 - Oct 2020... Another longtime veteran of HNI is now gone, and gone for good.

Old 10-09-2020, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Between the bots and this, I’m not sure what’s worse lately.
Old 10-09-2020, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

I think you're ready for deer season. For a factory rifle from the 90's, I'd say you've got a good barrel on that rifle. Bench rest shots show it's a good rifle. Hand held shows you're working it in and would have got your buck with either shot. Also, I like the contrast of the homemade target. Here's hoping this is just a sabbatical and not permanent.
Old 10-10-2020, 03:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by CalHunter
I think you're ready for deer season. For a factory rifle from the 90's, I'd say you've got a good barrel on that rifle. Bench rest shots show it's a good rifle. Hand held shows you're working it in and would have got your buck with either shot. Also, I like the contrast of the homemade target. Here's hoping this is just a sabbatical and not permanent.
Cal not a single member here said his rifle was not accurate enough for hunting. In fact we all said it was perfectly fine for hunting. What we did say is by today's standards it is not that accurate. And we also suggested shooting more rounds to form a group. Apparently Butch did not appreciate us telling him the facts and started name calling and such. Sort of sounds like one of our political parties!
Old 10-10-2020, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Too bad we lost another member for no good reason. He was trying to contribute and everyone has their own standards.

Name calling? Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Last edited by Big Uncle; 10-10-2020 at 04:18 AM.
Old 10-10-2020, 09:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
Too bad we lost another member for no good reason. He was trying to contribute and everyone has their own standards.

The only reason we may have lost him is because the responders hurt his feelings by stating our opinion and he didn't agree with it.
Old 10-10-2020, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Big Uncle

only one that name called was the OP and NONE of us were harsh on the guy, we just stated what we seen and replied to his post
if he didnl;t weant replies, he maybe should not post, on an open forum, as well, that is again how forums work
you post something, others reply or NOT, and you have no control over what others post!

and if they DON"T like replies, OK< ignore them, DON"T come back on and name call those that did reply and NOT expect the folks he is labeling with a name, won;t reply again back

NONE of us (as I gather I was one of them he was offended by) tried to offend him all we did was state what we seen and gave him a feedback on his claims group size, other wise we all said it wasn't a bad group, or any ill intentions towards him or his hunting, or him being a member here
and apparently he felt offended on OTHER forums when others replied to his post, so apparently, he has some thin skin or doesn't understand how forums work!

but that doesn't stop us MEMBERS here from having the right to reply to a post! with an honest repose to a claim we seen as being false
if he so wishes to leave, that;s on him, nothing I said or IMO anyone said, was mean or harsh in any way!
and IMO a responsible member doesn't let false claims go unchecked, doesn't do anyone any good in the long run
we can ALL be wrong at times and that's normal, too, but we all don;t run off worked up due to someone disagreeing with a claim we make, or forums wouldn;t last very long ! NO??
after all I guess your disagreeing with me and me you, yet MY feelings are not hurt, nor am I planning to leave the forum , and gather neither are you??
this is just conversation no? not a argument or bashing either by the way!

Last edited by mrbb; 10-10-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.