HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Ideal Corona Virus Gun Battery (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/423905-ideal-corona-virus-gun-battery.html)

CalHunter 08-22-2020 07:10 PM

Ideal Corona Virus Gun Battery

I noticed the previous 5-gun battery topic from 2018 is getting a little old and preferences might have change in 2020 now that we're almost 6 months into the corona virus pandemic and have record gun and ammo sales, shortages and lots of street violence in certain parts of the country. With all of that in mind, what is your current ideal gun battery with no limit on the # of guns. Should be fun to consider. :D

Olde NE Hunter 08-22-2020 07:58 PM

I have two 9 mm's one holds 16 rounds and the other 8 rounds of Hornady's critical defense. If anyone comes through the door they will be sad.

I'm not going to get too excited if a mob is running through my yard but I might stand in front of my picture window and clean my Remington 1100.

Nomercy448 08-23-2020 09:37 AM

Well, during the coronavirus, I’ve actually been home more than usual, not allowed to travel for work, so a lot more guns are getting a lot more attention than usual.

As for my “anti-home invasion” strategy, when the riots were only a few blocks away, I kept the same things beside my bed as I always do, just with more mags on hand. 10.5” SBR in 5.56 with a SiCo Omega suppressor out front, and an integrally suppressed SilencerCo Maxim 9mm pistol. My wife has a Sig P320 9mm on her nightstand every night, and during the riots, she kept her 18” Benelli Super Nova by the bed, which spends about a third to half of the year there anyway.

I focused most of my efforts removing higher value firearms from the safe and stashing them in specific areas of the house which wouldn’t have been expected during looting. A gaggle of people with access to my tools can destroy my house to the point of opening or removing my safes, but hiding a couple dozen specific firearms in the floor joists and in my attic might have saved tens of thousands of dollars from growing legs and walking out of my door. Also, if the house were to be looted, killing a handful of folks and then being gunned down ourselves by the mob seemed less favorable than leaving the house and recovering what could be once the tide ebbed. So our primary plan was safe escape from a looter mob, rather than expecting to stand our ground and mow down dozens of people and pile bodies in our livingroom.

elkman30 08-23-2020 07:23 PM

Hmmmm....

A .22 rifle and pistol for all that 22 LR ammo I've stashed in anticipation of these crazy times and ammo scarcity.
A 12 gauge shotgun for turkeys, a 20 gauge for pheasants and quail. Maybe a .410 for a challenge hunting turkeys.
223 for varmints.
A 243 & 270 for deer and bear.
338 for elk moose and bigger bear.
A 45-70 for bigger bears.
I had thought about a 9.3x62 for bigger game in the states but am considering a 375 Ruger for the same thing.

CalHunter 08-23-2020 07:46 PM

I should list mine.
22 LR pistol and rifle.
Pistols in 9, 40 & 45. Easy to pack in case a mob shows up. :D Someday a 44 would be nice.
17HMR for those little vermin. Am thinking about a 17WSM for just a little more reach.
223/5.56 for yotes.
12 and 20 gauge for birds.
270 for deer.black bear. 30-30 for when I'm hunting shorter ranges.
338WM for the bigger stuff. I have a 45-70 but am not sure I'll keep it.