Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
.308 Win 1,100 Yards 4” 3 Shot Group >

.308 Win 1,100 Yards 4” 3 Shot Group

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.308 Win 1,100 Yards 4” 3 Shot Group

Old 07-10-2020, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default .308 Win 1,100 Yards 4” 3 Shot Group

This was Back in the Spring, I had an opportunity to Streeeeeeetch the Barrel out on my Little .308 Win, This is a Stock Remington 700 Rifle, Only upgrade is a Bix’ N Andy Ball Bearing Trigger. The Target was Ranged from Both Sides with my Leica 1600B Rangefinder, 1,090, and 1,095 Yards, I Dialed for 1,100 Yards and Shot a 3 Shot Group, Shot over the Hood of my Truck. Shells used were My Handloads, 165 Grain Nosler Ballistic Tip Bullets, Hodgdon Varget Powder. Bullets Seated .0025 Jump to The Lands

I need a Piece of Thin 1/4” AR500 Plate for this Kind of Really Long Stuff in order to Hear/See it. My AR500 Plate in the Video here is 20X20” Square, And 1/2” Thick, We are talking HEAVY! Like 60 Pounds! My Cartridge guns at this Distance Just Don’t Stand a Chance at Moving it.

1,100 Yard 3 Shot Group measures 4” inches, For this Distance, this is one of the Best 3 Shot Groups of my Life

This is the Last shot in the Video, The Hit on my Little 8” Gong. It was Starting to get Windy on my Side of the Canyon, And Rain was Starting in. After this Shot, I had to Hurry to keep from Getting Wet. By the Time i got over to my Gong it was POURING Down Rain

This is All i was able to Find at the Gong, These Little 165 Grain Bullets leaving the Muzzle at 2,725 FPS Would Stil Be DEADLY at 1,100 Yards