Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Gunwerks enters receivership >

Gunwerks enters receivership

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gunwerks enters receivership

Old 05-24-2020, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Valorius
The reference is posted above by Bocajnala.
What I read from the Gunwerks response post is denial of the allegations. Not exactly what I’d call being “whacked with a legal stick,” and there’s no mention of any countersuit for defamation or libel, such WF would have to “fork over some cash” for damages to GW. Folks have been making inferences of potential countersuit, but as I said above, it all simply appears to be unfounded speculation.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator

The reference is posted above by Bocajnala.
Negative. I never posted or implied anything of the sort. V plays a little fast and loose with his statements at times I think.

I'm not saying that WF didn't do any of that stuff. But I've seen nothing pointing to that yet. If I do I'll post it.

-Jake
Old 05-25-2020, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator

Wells Fargo seems to have gone full scum bag in this matter. I wonder how much they had to pay Gun Werks for their slander.

Gunwerks paid WF nearly $3,000,000.

From the link I posted.
"Fortunately, we had the resources to pay off the credit line within two business days of Wells Fargo filing suit. "

And from the CEO posted on another forum

"At least the part where I paid Wells Fargo nearly 3m bucks today is true!

It's easy to verify that we are not delinquent on sales tax.

Do we have any vendors claiming delinquent payments?

Read my statement again."

I'm not saying there's not going to be a countersuit. But I haven't seen anything on that yet.

-Jake
Old 05-25-2020, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Negative. I never posted or implied anything of the sort. V plays a little fast and loose with his statements at times I think.

I'm not saying that WF didn't do any of that stuff. But I've seen nothing pointing to that yet. If I do I'll post it.

-Jake
I said "It sounds like," which is not in any way a statement of fact. Implied or otherwise.

Based on the CEO's statement "it sounds like" WF got slapped down hard...the statement said WF settled the suit out of court, which almost invariably involves laying out some $$$$ to make the legal action go away.

So to me, it sounds like WF got slapped pretty hard. Again: Conjecture based on how things normally work. Seems reasonable to me.

If i was implying a fact i would have said something like, "In point of fact..."

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Last edited by Valorius; 05-25-2020 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

BTW, the title of this thread is now demonstrably false isn't it?
Old 05-25-2020, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our firm is occasionally involved in this type of issue. It sounds like the debtor had their feet held to the fire and had to scratch up enough cash to quickly satisfy an unhappy bank. In this type of event the bank usually demands repayment for some debtor default issue and files suit soon after to protect their position and to turn up the heat on the debtor. These problems are almost always settled to the bank's satisfaction in a reasonable period of time and rarely go to court. The only folks that truly know the situation are the involved parties.

I am not really a gambling man but my bet is that if this gets nasty that the debtor will come out on the short end. Probably neither side will want this to go any further and it will soon be forgotten.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
Our firm is occasionally involved in this type of issue. It sounds like the debtor had their feet held to the fire and had to scratch up enough cash to quickly satisfy an unhappy bank. In this type of event the bank usually demands repayment for some debtor default issue and files suit soon after to protect their position and to turn up the heat on the debtor. These problems are almost always settled to the bank's satisfaction in a reasonable period of time and rarely go to court. The only folks that truly know the situation are the involved parties.

I am not really a gambling man but my bet is that if this gets nasty that the debtor will come out on the short end. Probably neither side will want this to go any further and it will soon be forgotten.
Just in case anyone is unsure, Big Uncle is offering his opinion and not purporting to pass off fact. Same for me.
Old 05-25-2020, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Yes but he was right when he said "The only folks that truly know the situation are the involved parties." At this point all any of us know is Gunwerks paid Wells Fargo a bunch of money that Gunwerks apparently agreed was owed. Late paying taxes can be a lot of things. Maybe there was a payment plan in place, payments were on a different schedule, etc. None of us knows for sure.
Old 05-25-2020, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Agreed, and the SOP NDA will ensure it remains that way.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

And by the way, thanks NoMercy. Now I went and watched a Gunwerks sheep hunting show on the OutDoor channel. The shots were under 500 yards so they didn't stretch it out to any 1,000 yard shots yet. But I have another episode to watch. Dude, I swear you're going to make me spend more money.