Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Borden/Alpine  clone XP-100 6.5-284 >

Borden/Alpine clone XP-100 6.5-284

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Borden/Alpine clone XP-100 6.5-284

Old 04-26-2020, 03:16 PM
Spike

Default Borden/Alpine clone XP-100 6.5-284

Last Tuesday I confirm drops, on the Black Widow 6.5x47 Lapua. I was also able to shoot for the first time in the field both on Steel and Prairie Dogs my Nine Run Gun/Michael DeLoach 6.5-284 that has a Borden/Alpine (Clone XP action). The action is so smooth! The Dell trigger is deliciously light! I almost giggle at times it is so light and clean. Shoots great as you can tell!
Confirmed drops at 400 yards, 496 yards, 575 yards, 645 yards, and 673 yards. All was 10” steel with the exception of the 673-yard target which was 12.” Using the Nosler 140 grain Accubond. Dan Ekstrom did the loading and the shooting at 100 yards for load development and turned in a beautiful 10-shot group, using a Harris Bipod in a small leather field bag. McMillan stock, and Holland’s Radial Baffle brake always does a wonderful job turning recoil into puff-cake status.
I should’ve taken more pictures during drop confirmation, but we were trying to get three different specialty pistols drops confirmed that morning. Plus, we wanted to do some dog shooting as well. Picture below is 10-inch steel at 575 yards, during drop confirmation shooting, and you can tell it was stacking in the shots. Sweet Rig! Beautiful build Michael! I am looking forward to using this for hunting this fall.

Old 04-26-2020, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks like avery ncie build there,. I had a few fo the rem factory guns(xp100's) , have to admit I don;t think I ever got very good at shooting them LOL
or not up to what they could really do

few friends I have had some built up, and boy, they always impress-me with how accurate they are with them,
I love long range shooting, but mostly stick to my rifles for it once distance gets past 200 yards any how!
takes a lot of skill IMO and practice to shoot far with hand gun , out far as you have been doing
my hats off to you!
keep up the good work!
Old 04-26-2020, 03:37 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by mrbb
looks like avery ncie build there,. I had a few fo the rem factory guns(xp100's) , have to admit I don;t think I ever got very good at shooting them LOL
or not up to what they could really do

few friends I have had some built up, and boy, they always impress-me with how accurate they are with them,
I love long range shooting, but mostly stick to my rifles for it once distance gets past 200 yards any how!
takes a lot of skill IMO and practice to shoot far with hand gun , out far as you have been doing
my hats off to you!
keep up the good work!
Thanks!
Nice to meet another XP shooter!!!
Old 04-30-2020, 07:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Very nice. I too like the XP but I really can't find one in my price range with the caliber I would need for hunting. The one I can afford are always in 221 Fireball. I've hunted with Contenders and Encores. Maybe some day.
Excellent shooting Bishop. Wish I could say I could shoot that well.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:18 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Very nice. I too like the XP but I really can't find one in my price range with the caliber I would need for hunting. The one I can afford are always in 221 Fireball. I've hunted with Contenders and Encores. Maybe some day.
Excellent shooting Bishop. Wish I could say I could shoot that well.
Thank you.
Having a well-built XP, and having the fundamentals down on how to shoot one of these accurately, begins to take the mystery away, and smaller groups and further distances seem more possible.
What cartridge are you looking for?
Game you would hunt and at what max distances with a XP-100?
Old 05-07-2020, 02:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

It would be used for deer and possibly antelope and varmints. I currently have an Encore in .243 Win. I got it on a super deal because I was wanting a 7-08. What I'd really like an XP in would be either the 6.5CM or, like you, a 6.5-284. Right now withe the .243 I'd limit my range to 200 yards on deer size game.
Old 05-07-2020, 04:05 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bronko22000
It would be used for deer and possibly antelope and varmints. I currently have an Encore in .243 Win. I got it on a super deal because I was wanting a 7-08. What I'd really like an XP in would be either the 6.5CM or, like you, a 6.5-284. Right now withe the .243 I'd limit my range to 200 yards on deer size game.
Run an Accubond in the 243 Win and feel confident even further out.
If you want help with a XP build in the future, let me know.
I have center-grip XP's in the .264 bore in: 6.5 Creed, 6.5-284, 6.5 PRC, and 26 Nosler
Old 05-07-2020, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

this si also a very interesting pistol of like designs if one wanted from a factory
all reviews I read on them have been very impressive and accurate

https://www.nosler.com/nosler-handgun
Old 07-03-2020, 03:00 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by mrbb
this si also a very interesting pistol of like designs if one wanted from a factory
all reviews I read on them have been very impressive and accurate

https://www.nosler.com/nosler-handgun
I handled one during WY-SHOT.
They shoot pretty good.
Old 07-03-2020, 03:01 AM
Spike

I prefer the Kauger Arms Black Widow over it though Nosler Handgun...Just my preference.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.