Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Shipping damage >

Shipping damage

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Shipping damage

Old 02-10-2020, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

I talked to Browning this morning. Still waiting to hear from ups and the shipper.
frustrating situation..

-Jake
Old 02-10-2020, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

not a match, but maybe could sand down and re stain to get closer MAYBE ?

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1779430

if not, they also had some NON pistol grip stocks too, if open to that?
seems browning is out of stock on NEW stocks
or for a NON OEM stock, here is a option for you and start at 75 bucks?

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/produ...ly-17b797515zz
Old 02-10-2020, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

I came across both those options as well mrbb.

I'm not doing anything yet. I'm going to fight with ups and the shipper to make it right. I may end up with the bill in the end.

But the rifle can sit in the safe untouched for however long it takes. I'm gonna try to get the most out of them I can. In whatever shape that takes.

I spoke with a ups agent claims person this evening and the conversation went well. Although it was just questions about the photos. We'll see what happens.

-Jake
Old 02-10-2020, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

here is another crazy IDEA just to have in mind LOL
if things don;t go well with UPS and you DON"T want to get a different stock' maybe find a good stock worker and have them add a pistol grip CAP to the stock to cover up the damaged area
can have it customized to something maybe that means something to you, or just a customizes touch to things
this way forearm and r ear stock match better and damage is unseen again!
food for thought, cannot see it being that large a deal for a good stock worker to correct here with a nice cap!
could be as simple as this

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1301290

or if your handy and want to do yourself?? second video shows maybe a nicer brass one, plays after this one did

and or??

maybe can make one you want?/

https://www.ebay.com/str/engravingmasters

or again, something fancier, have to be fitted and mounted, but, maybe a better way to resolve an issue than mis matching a stock set!

Last edited by mrbb; 02-10-2020 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Now that's a thought I hadn't considered. I'll look into that. Again- I'm not touching it until I find out what ups/shipper is going to do. But will certainly keep that in mind

-Jake
Old 02-11-2020, 02:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck! I can't tell you how many damaged boxes I had thrown on my front stoop by UPS. Fortunately there was no damage inside.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by mrbb
here is another crazy IDEA just to have in mind LOL
if things don;t go well with UPS and you DON"T want to get a different stock' maybe find a good stock worker and have them add a pistol grip CAP to the stock to cover up the damaged area
I had thought of that also but didn't think you would want to do that. But I was thinking of something like a silver dollar or something to that effect.
Old 02-11-2020, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Now that's a thought I hadn't considered. I'll look into that. Again- I'm not touching it until I find out what ups/shipper is going to do. But will certainly keep that in mind

-Jake
I also wouldn;t touch anything til I found out what will end up being what!

I just figured its a option as to a full stock replacement,, maybe you didn;t think about, and well, dumb luck like where the damage is too LOL

and again, the cap can be a LOT of things, even seen some that folks had made special that help a photo of there kids, or such,a s planned to hand gun down to them yrs later

that one link to E bay, the guy makes about anything, with the custom engraving option he has, and rather cheap too IMO

as again, if you do something like a cap there, the sky is the limit on what you could maybe add to it?
won't again be a 100% original gun, so has that fall back to it, but still, not a bad idea

if you look at some of Browning rifles they have mahogany caps on many of there higher end pretty wood stocked rifles, and I always felt that wa sa nice look to things as well, over just a cap, , little more skill required to make them fit and blend in well, but in the end might be a VERY nice touch to a classic rifle like the BLR's are or IMO would be nice!
OR even buy a new stock set and still do so, and use one for hunting and one to keep gun all pretty and such LOL
Old 02-11-2020, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

I had a rifle returned damaged that i sent to remington for some unrelated repair. I had it insured through ups but ofcourse they claimed they did not damage it. I told them since it was insured through them they needed to get it fixed and if they felt it was damaged at remington they needed to argue that with remington not me. I got a new stock, I have no idea who paid for it