Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
I need a pocket pistol >

I need a pocket pistol

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

I need a pocket pistol

Old 01-18-2020, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

So when you say pocket carry, are yo9u talking about just sticking it in your jeans pocket with keys and everything else or are you gonna be using some kind of sticky holster that protects the trigger and makes it easier to draw from the pocket?
Old 01-18-2020, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I'm planning on carrying it in one of those pocket sleeves, like a wallet that the pistol slides in to.

-Jake

-Jake
Old 01-18-2020, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

I'm kind of working on a pocket carry pistol myself. In the past, I used to slip a Walther PPK/S in a front slacks pocket. It was small enough that it worked and the gun shot pretty accurate at less than 15 yards. I did not like that hard DA trigger pull on the first shot so ended up selling it. I picked up a Glock 42 and a 43 to test further. This is a good topic with a lot of good information to consider. NM, I swear you're going to cost me more money.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter
NM, I swear you're going to cost me more money.
Just doing what I can to help, amigo! Admittedly, I’ve slowed down a lot on pistol/revolver purchases. Between buying/building precision rifle competition rigs and getting my son squared away with proper rifles, I haven’t dedicated as much of my budget to pistols of late - saving towards an integrally suppressed Mark IV upper this summer though.
Old 01-22-2020, 05:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jake did you get one yet? I used to have a Taurus tcp. I believe the model was a 748 and it was in .380. I fed it Critical Defense ammo and although I literally did carry it in my pocket it did come with a wallet type holster. I would take it out and brush the pocket lint off it every once in a while. But before I did I loaded up the extra mag with 380 .roundball ammo and fired it off. Never any jams or failure to fire with either ammo and it was surprisingly accurate (to about the 10-15 feet I shot it!). It was indeed a close range weapon but IMO reliable.
I have big hands also but I could shoot it without any difficulty
Old 01-22-2020, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

I haven't yet. I'm slow on making those decisions. Plus I have the xds I can pocket carry if need be.

And it's winter so I'm not pocket carrying now.

I'm leaning towards the Ruger lc9 or the lcp 380

-Jake
Old 01-24-2020, 03:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter
I'm kind of working on a pocket carry pistol myself. In the past, I used to slip a Walther PPK/S in a front slacks pocket. It was small enough that it worked and the gun shot pretty accurate at less than 15 yards. I did not like that hard DA trigger pull on the first shot so ended up selling it. I picked up a Glock 42 and a 43 to test further. This is a good topic with a lot of good information to consider. NM, I swear you're going to cost me more money.
I've got a PPK/S myself; yeah, that first trigger pull is a challenge. I still plan on carrying on a few hunts and am thinking of getting a pocket holster. When you carried it did you use a pocket holster (brand?) or just keep it in a pocket?
Old 01-24-2020, 02:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Got the wife a Smith 637 DA snubbie in 38 sp. Small and light weight and fits nicely in a front jeans pocket. Once in a while I'll carry it especially if it is summer and no coat. Slip it a jeans front pocket and it is gone.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've owned 3 Ruger LCPs. A 1, a LCP custom model (red trigger) and an LCP 10th anniversary model (silver trigger)

I HIGHLY recommend the red trigger custom model. Not only is it extremely reliable with a great trigger pull, but it takes glock night sights too.

Old 01-27-2020, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hubby11
I've got a PPK/S myself; yeah, that first trigger pull is a challenge. I still plan on carrying on a few hunts and am thinking of getting a pocket holster. When you carried it did you use a pocket holster (brand?) or just keep it in a pocket?
I just slipped it in my front slacks pocket for CCW and never carried it as a backup weapon on duty. It actually didn't print that bad in my pocket. It was extremely accurate at up to 15 yards in SA but the DA shot usually opened the group up a bit.

When you say carry yours on a few hunts, are you thinking for CCW purposes or something you have handy when field dressing a critter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.